What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Better then having you ride their ass, lol
ya, every once in a while someone will try to speed up but then there is that challenge, if they are doing a good clip I will back off but will still pass as soon as I see a opening.
I caught up to a highway patrol once before and he was doing to a pretty decent pace, I wasn't riding his ass but I was pacing him and he kept turning his radar power up and down, lol I was like dude what are you doing? I'm going same speed as you are

Reaction score
ya, every once in a while someone will try to speed up but then there is that challenge, if they are doing a good clip I will back off but will still pass as soon as I see a opening.
I caught up to a highway patrol once before and he was doing to a pretty decent pace, I wasn't riding his ass but I was pacing him and he kept turning his radar power up and down, lol I was like dude what are you doing? I'm going same speed as you are
You were probably picking up his front radar. X and K band moving radar shoots out to stationary objects to get a baseline speed of how fast the patrol vehicle is moving. Then it uses that to calculate how fast the moving "target" is going

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You were probably picking up his front radar. X and K band moving radar shoots out to stationary objects to get a baseline speed of how fast the patrol vehicle is moving. Then it uses that to calculate how fast the moving "target" is going
this was KA, they stopped using x/k here years ago, although the next town up is cheap there city pd still used k band at least up until about 10 years ago
I think it was more possible he was switching front and rear on/off and my detector was picking it up as such. that's just my guess

m1dn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was shopping across the border in Detroit area, started smokin from coolant dropping onto exhaust.

Autozone was right on the corner and had new hose, so 10min later back on road.
That plastic design on these looks horrible

Attachments

• IMG_4737.jpeg
    IMG_4737.jpeg
    271.7 KB · Views: 5

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was shopping across the border in Detroit area, started smokin from coolant dropping onto exhaust.

Autozone was right on the corner and had new hose, so 10min later back on road.
That plastic design on these looks horrible
yep, after about 10 years these are prone to break at any moment. I replaced mine at about 7 years to hopefully avoid this issue
if you bought the Dorman, no telling if it will last as long or not.

Reaction score
this was KA, they stopped using x/k here years ago, although the next town up is cheap there city pd still used k band at least up until about 10 years ago
I think it was more possible he was switching front and rear on/off and my detector was picking it up as such. that's just my guess
KA, K, Whatever, same principle for all moving radar. I just meant "not laser" lol

The radar unit needs to know how fast the car it's mounted in is going in order to calculate another cars speed

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there is a Chilton hardback 2008 shop service manual listed on ebay VOL 1 only
should be applicable for 07/08/09. they made some changes in 2010
it's only $25

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KA, K, Whatever, same principle, I just meant "not laser" lol
so the KA units do not receive vehicle speed data from a hardwired source?
seems like if it was self-determining vehicle speed that it would make it happen consistently, but this was very random
also the thousands of other times I have been in front of or behind ka it's only happened a few times
I really don't know how it works, just guessing there is a way for the sensitivity to be adjusted based on traffic congestion or very few cars on the road

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentL9900