What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm "sahourlary", so traffic fattens my paycheck. I rarely leave the house before 8am, but I also don't get home until near or after dark most days. Bad drivers all day, err' day. Biggest stress of my job. Really, "bad drivers" isn't even accurate. It's inconsiderate, self-absorbed and entitled people that are their shíttiest when others are on "their" roads.

thing I remember is there's only one other option to really get there, so if there's an accident on 12 it's just a parking lot

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thing I remember is there's only one other option to really get there, so if there's an accident on 12 it's just a parking lot
there is a hwy 12 about a mile from me here that's usually called "death highway" it's a 2 lane with lots of small hills and turns just enough to not see oncoming traffic, so lots of head on collisions have happened. traffic fines are doubled on it so a basic speeding ticket is like $800. it also has 3 bridges that open for boats and barges so any accident or boat traffic and it's a parking lot. terrible highway that has been here since 1934 and should have been expanded to at least 6 or 8 lanes 50 years ago, but nope it's completely clogged up and only takes one person going 45 to slow the whole freaking thing down to a crawl. alternative routes are an hour north thru sacramento or about 30 minutes south thru tracy or another 2 lane about 15-20 minutes away that kind of goes where you need. completely ridiculous.
and "if" they work on it sometimes it is either just completely shut down or it becomes a 1 lane with traffic control, been caught on it before 10 minutes from home and having to sit for 2 hours waiting to get thru

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Wrecks every day. I don't call 'em "accidents" cuz most are direct results of someone doing exactly what's required to cause the wreck. It's more of negligent operation that I'd rather not downplay with "Oopsie! I made a little mistake! It was an accident!" Puppies have accidents. These degenerate fcuks have wrecks.

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Left the house with the DIC displaying "27 MILES TO EMPTY" to go to the nearest source of E85- a RaceTrac 22 miles away. Grabbed $30 worth which was 11.721 gallons at 2.559/gallon. Went for a steady cruise in the opposite direction, away from town, to avoid traffic lights, etc. to let the fuel composition relearning get its stuff together as quickly and accurately as possible. I don't know if that's even necessary with the physical sensor. But, whatever. Made a U-turn and went home, totaling about 36 miles of mostly cruising after the refueling.

I noted an average of 18 MPG at 70 on my test course home:

View attachment 401118

That's pretty good MPG if there's any decent amount of Ethanol in this load. I pulled into the shop and realized my RH headlight was out. Popped the hood to get a fuel sample and gave the headlight a slap and it lit up. Collected the sample and saw that the headlight didn't come on when I turned the key on. I removed the air filter box to replace the bulb. Just used a stock one from a spare headlight housing. Cleaned the air filter and reassembled it all. Threw the Autel on it to see what the PCM had the alcohol content at then closed up shop.

Alcohol content is showing 62%:

View attachment 401119

It's been almost three years to the day that I've been running it with this seal. Actually over three years installed. Looks like it's still holding up 100%:

View attachment 401122
There's no computing required with the physical sensor, as soon as it gets in the fuel line/sensor it jumps to whatever it's actually seeing.

Reaction score
Left the house with the DIC displaying "27 MILES TO EMPTY" to go to the nearest source of E85- a RaceTrac 22 miles away. Grabbed $30 worth which was 11.721 gallons at 2.559/gallon. Went for a steady cruise in the opposite direction, away from town, to avoid traffic lights, etc. to let the fuel composition relearning get its stuff together as quickly and accurately as possible. I don't know if that's even necessary with the physical sensor. But, whatever. Made a U-turn and went home, totaling about 36 miles of mostly cruising after the refueling.

I noted an average of 18 MPG at 70 on my test course home:

View attachment 401118

That's pretty good MPG if there's any decent amount of Ethanol in this load. I pulled into the shop and realized my RH headlight was out. Popped the hood to get a fuel sample and gave the headlight a slap and it lit up. Collected the sample and saw that the headlight didn't come on when I turned the key on. I removed the air filter box to replace the bulb. Just used a stock one from a spare headlight housing. Cleaned the air filter and reassembled it all. Threw the Autel on it to see what the PCM had the alcohol content at then closed up shop.

Alcohol content is showing 62%:

View attachment 401119

It's been almost three years to the day that I've been running it with this seal. Actually over three years installed. Looks like it's still holding up 100%:

View attachment 401122
What was the % of the sample you took?

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips! Any and all are appreciated. Since we travel with a firearm, I'm not sure how that works to cross into Canada. I had planned on driving over for the day and coming back to the hotel where we would leave our belongings. If I'm incorrect about the pistola thing, I'm all ears.

We're just digging into this thing so if there ANY must sees, let me know. We aren't avid hikers by any means but aren't incapable of doing some. Photo opportunities are a priority as well. We'll prob be there a total of 3 days. It's a long drive. We could fly but we love a good road trip.

Also, we're shooting for a trip in May. It seems the last few times we've gone out west, it's been late in the year and the fires/smoke have been really bad. I'm wanting to get out there as early as possible to hopefully avoid that
If they ask if you've got firearms on board just say no (and try not to snicker this time :rolleyes: ). Most of the time they'll let you through unless you give them reason to think you're not being truthful.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they ask if you've got firearms on board just say no (and try not to snicker this time :rolleyes: ). Most of the time they'll let you through unless you give them reason to think you're not being truthful.
This reminds me of the time my wife and I drove up to Canada for our honeymoon at Niagara Falls. Granted this was back in 1999 so border security was a little different then, but the only thing the Canadian Border guard asked was if we had any guns in the car and the only thing the US Border guard asked on our way back was if we had any alcohol.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This reminds me of the time my wife and I drove up to Canada for our honeymoon at Niagara Falls. Granted this was back in 1999 so border security was a little different then, but the only thing the Canadian Border guard asked was if we had any guns in the car and the only thing the US Border guard asked on our way back was if we had any alcohol.
Over Memorial Day weekend we took an extended weekend to go visit Colorado Springs. While there we toured the Air Force Academy. Cadet running the check in asked if we were carrying any firearms but never did any checking for firearms. We usually carry while on vacation, too, but this time we didn't but if we had it would have been alright. With that said, it wouldn't surprise me if they had some kind of high tech 3D Xray system of some sort that scanned the vehicle without having to rummage through it :shrug:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beat Ta hoes