What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justchecking

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
got the last of sound "deadener" installed - just did floor in the back, rear hatch, and over the back of the wheel wells

> Amazon Basics Car Sound Deadener, 18″ x 32″ (9-Piece) <

I don't have anything to compare it to as far as other brands, but this stuff is working pretty well
I used some of that as well. Sounds crazy but I had good effect by sticking some to the plastic wheel well liners on the side opposite of the tires.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea I am researching that also. Would give me pease of mind for sure ... just not certain how necessary or not they truly are.
Maybe I can provide a little more perspective. I've hauled four different trailers behind our 2012 Yukon XL:

1/ U-haul car hauler with a '96 Acura TL on it. No WDH and only had to cover 100 miles or so, but I was glad when I got done with that trip. The backend was really squatting even with the rear air shocks due to the tongue weight.

2/ 5x10 cargo trailer with a 3500 lb capacity. No WDH. No problem - easy pull.

3/ 18' camper with a total weight of 4200 lbs. No WDH. More squat than I'd like, some sway with passing trucks, but not white knuckles. Anything bigger and I'd have invested in a WDH with sway control.

4/ 32' camper with a total weight of 7500 lbs. Good WDH and sway control. Still squats some but the airbags take it all out and it handles like the trailer is welded to the Yukon.

Last edited:

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used some of that as well. Sounds crazy but I had good effect by sticking some to the plastic wheel well liners on the side opposite of the tires.
Back in the day I did the entire floor, firewall and roof skin of my Mustang with Peel-n-Seal roof repair membrane. My car smelled like tar for 2 weeks, but the stuff worked really well and never came loose. It was still solid when I parted the car out years later. It's $1/sq. ft. The Amazon stuff, while much cheaper than name brand products, is $15/sq. ft. It's probably more effective. But I doubt it's 15 times more effective.

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Back in the day I did the entire floor, firewall and roof skin of my Mustang with Peel-n-Seal roof repair membrane. My car smelled like tar for 2 weeks, but the stuff worked really well and never came loose. It was still solid when I parted the car out years later. It's $1/sq. ft. The Amazon stuff, while much cheaper than name brand products, is $15/sq. ft. It's probably more effective. But I doubt it's 15 times more effective.

It’s all just butyl rubber with a foil face, in varying thicknesses- sound deadener or that repair material you linked. Nothing special. If that stuff is thin you could always double layer it and it’s still only $2 a foot.

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, looks like the cold finally got me and will need to be on the hunt for a replacement battery. Never thought the existing (in it when bought) one was all that strong but the sub zero temps exposed the weakness. Went to remotely start it and she was like, ummm, F-U pal! Slapped the battery charger on it for the time being - sigh!

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, looks like the cold finally got me and will need to be on the hunt for a replacement battery. Never thought the existing (in it when bought) one was all that strong but the sub zero temps exposed the weakness. Went to remotely start it and she was like, ummm, F-U pal! Slapped the battery charger on it for the time being - sigh!
I’ve been pretty happy with my Optima red tops.

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3 hours on a charger did nothing - ended up jump starting it. After driving around for about 30 minutes or so, brought it home and did turn it off. I restarted but I could tell the battery was not happy about it.

m1dn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed oil today.

When i got the truck in September i put Fram TG10060 filter on it and Penzoil 5w-30.
Had an oil pressure on lower side ( 40 startup cold, fully warm 18 at idle and 22-25 while cruising at 1100rpm on highway ), but according to other posts that seemed in okayish range for these trucks.
I though my pickup tube is bad and was going to replace it in the summer.

This time decided to go with ACDelco PF48 and Mobil 1 5w-30 High Mileage.
As soon as the oil was changed my cold startup pressure shot up to 55 and now cruising pressure at fully warmth is 40.
The idle on warmth is now 25.

Crazy! Did i have a bad fram filter?

Attachments

• D15A8639-ED50-423D-A521-BF71123A8FD7.jpeg
    D15A8639-ED50-423D-A521-BF71123A8FD7.jpeg
    294.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 8F87582B-A163-4FA4-815D-E468F1CF9DAD.jpeg
    8F87582B-A163-4FA4-815D-E468F1CF9DAD.jpeg
    300.9 KB · Views: 5
  • E167C163-35DF-44FF-9715-C25090CE2617.jpeg
    E167C163-35DF-44FF-9715-C25090CE2617.jpeg
    318.5 KB · Views: 5