What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
in that case lisle makes a tool for getting it off and on, getting it off is easy, getting it back on is a little trickier you have to place the tool in just the right spot because of the plastic or metal piece that goes over the balancer
I have seen it done with a screw driver on youtube

Lisle 59370​

That tool works well.

Reaction score
I have that Lisle tool and have used it.

You can also buy a tensioner pulley from an earlier year and install it, all the mounts are there, but you will also need to use an AC belt from an earlier year also.

I think they switched from the tensioner pulley system because it can go bad, lock up, break the belt and cause the AC to go out. That happened to my 2001 a couple years ago. My son said the AC stopped working and when I looked at it we found the belt had come off and was broke. The tensioner pulley went bad.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well chit. The other front door speaker just quit. Def Leopard sounds awfully weird coming through just the A pillar tweeters.
I’m guessing the internal sounds, like turn signal etc, come through the head unit.

it’s weird hearing no sounds while it’s flashing. Gave me a flash back to driving a big rig in the Air Force.

Geoffsfas10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sooooooooo took the belt off, the AC doesnt have a tensioner so I left that alone and the noise is still very present. its very much sounding like cylinder 1 area as well. Its also super weird since the rhythm at which it makes sound, doesnt seem to match RPMs or belts or anything. so wildly confused still.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sooooooooo took the belt off, the AC doesnt have a tensioner so I left that alone and the noise is still very present. its very much sounding like cylinder 1 area as well. Its also super weird since the rhythm at which it makes sound, doesnt seem to match RPMs or belts or anything. so wildly confused still.

Dammit. Since you mentioned the starter having problems, I'd have to say to check all of that. Pop out the inspection plug and inspect the flexplate and converter bolts. Then look under that driver side rocker cover. Have a mechanic's stethoscope?

Onlyone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Added a OEM transmission pan with an added drain plug. I started with drilling a hole in the original pan, to make it a lot less messy. Not sure why you would ever try to save the pan when you can buy a OEM GM pan for $15 on rock auto. Lol. I originally did that until I found a company on eBay that sold the OEM with drain plug already. Replaced filter and filter seal.

Will drain and fill next month. Took exactly 6 quarts. Last thing to do is the rear diff. Already did TC, front diff and oil/filter.

The fluid was really dirty but there was very little of anything in the original pan. Even the magnet wasn’t what I was expecting after 130k. I don’t think it’s been changed but it seemed too clean for that many miles. The inside of the tranny looked brand new.
4280E716-3FBF-49D6-9843-E53C42D5F7F9.jpegEE7AA432-CECD-43B3-B615-B8AC955BC5C9.jpegFFD0A159-3784-4687-A6E9-222AC0DD6BAF.jpegCF3D436B-A550-4C3B-84E1-FEB43FFD1DB5.jpeg80A5517D-C351-490E-A4A9-0CD1D87D1487.jpeg

Last edited:

Geoffsfas10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dammit. Since you mentioned the starter having problems, I'd have to say to check all of that. Pop out the inspection plug and inspect the flexplate and converter bolts. Then look under that driver side rocker cover. Have a mechanic's stethoscope?
I looked a week or two ago and there is just now starting to show some shiney spots on the flexplate teeth, but this noise is barely audible when under the truck, I did listen for that, on the ground on the passenger side you cant really hear it. its definitely driver side.

were gonna pull the valve cover tomorrow or sunday, and the neighbor has some pretty gnarly engine flush/cleaner were gonna try. good thing it was due for an oil change this weekend anyway. if we cant get any of that to free it, guess im going in!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mmikem01