What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CaptainAmerica1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like you guys a lot, but come on..... Driving 120+ in these heavy rigs, is not cool at all. What happens when you kill someone else on the road doing stuff like this? There are proper places and proper vehicles to do this kind of thing. Highways where my family, and friends drive is just unacceptable. Please be safe and try to think of the other people you are endangering.
this is adorable…

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like you guys a lot, but come on..... Driving 120+ in these heavy rigs, is not cool at all. What happens when you kill someone else on the road doing stuff like this? There are proper places and proper vehicles to do this kind of thing. Highways where my family, and friends drive is just unacceptable. Please be safe and try to think of the other people you are endangering.
I agree and as a general rule I normally only do so when there is no one else on the road it's dangerous and I don't recommend doing it. Like i said maybe out in the desert, plenty of open road out there, there are places with not a human in sight, roads less traveled.
On the other hand around here it's pretty typical for highway speeds to be 85-90 even semi's doing 75+, it's not much of a stretch to hit 100 in the fast lane, 400 miles of flat land and I am almost in the middle of it.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I agree. I live in the boonies and the highway to my house is a long straight stretch that is sometimes completely clear, especially morning-midday on a weekend. If anything were to happen during that jaunt, it'd be a one vehicle/one person wreck. Yes- "wreck", not "accident". Can't claim anything arising from this as an "accident".

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree and as a general rule I normally only do so when there is no one else on the road it's dangerous and I don't recommend doing it. Like i said maybe out in the desert, plenty of open road out there, there are places with not a human in sight, roads less traveled.
On the other hand around here it's pretty typical for highway speeds to be 85-90 even semi's doing 75+, it's not much of a stretch to hit 100 in the fast lane, 400 miles of flat land and I am almost in the middle of it.
That is sound logic, but the only thing about it is.... If an accident happens, someone else still has to see it and clean it up when things go badly. Don't get me wrong, I have 500+ hp in my Tahoe so I don't have much room to talk. But I do not exceed 100mph when I'm playing. The weight of the Tahoe scares me at that speed and the brakes SUCK bad, lol. I'd never be able to forgive myself if I caused an accident because of a dangerous speed. I get my thrills from how fast I make it to 60 or 80!

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is sound logic, but the only thing about it is.... If an accident happens, someone else still has to see it and clean it up when things go badly.

True.

Don't get me wrong, I have 500+ hp in my Tahoe so I don't have much room to talk. But I do not exceed 100mph when I'm playing. The weight of the Tahoe scares me at that speed and the brakes SUCK bad, lol. I'd never be able to forgive myself if I caused an accident because of a dangerous speed. I get my thrills from how fast I make it to 60 or 80!

I prefer acceleration over top speed as well. I usually don't exceed the 90s and that's mostly when accelerating to merge, or to avoid a potential mess. Even at 90, I'm only going 5-15 faster than everyone else. I don't like to use my brakes much at high speeds because that's just asking to overheat 'em in these things. In that long stretch of highway, I can just let off the throttle and let it decelerate on its own. I'll also note that a decent drop and the other suspension mods have made a nice improvement in stability. I kept a factory-like rake when I dropped it and it's quite stable at speed. Not floaty at all. I attribute the "good" fuel economy despite the mods to the improved aerodynamics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waiteben84