What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used the Yukon brand rear differential cover on our rigs and does it clear the sway and track bars?

I'm looking at getting this nodular iron one to replace the stock cover basically only for it having a drain plug. I've seen others, but they are double the price.

Yukon Gear & Axle YHCC-GM8.5-M Hardcore Nodular Iron Differential Cover https://a.co/d/bZT23GZ
mmmm, that's iffy
me and @Rocket Man both have a girdle on the back, it protects the bearings and provides a magnet and drain plug but you do have to use the Qa1 panhard bar for it to fit.

Reaction score
mmmm, that's iffy
me and @Rocket Man both have a girdle on the back, it protects the bearings and provides a magnet and drain plug but you do have to use the Qa1 panhard bar for it to fit.
I have support covers on both of the mustang differentials and they are pretty thick material for the cap support bolts to thread into. They are also aluminum, so they need to be thicker. This one being iron and not a bearing cap support cover doesn't need to be as thick. The manufacture says it clears sway and track bars, but I just wanted to confirm with someone who might've used one of these on their rig.

PML makes covers that clear and have drain plugs, but they're $235 or so

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have support covers on both of the mustang differentials and they are pretty thick material for the cap support bolts to thread into. They are also aluminum, so they need to be thicker. This one being iron and not a bearing cap support cover doesn't need to be as thick. The manufacture says it clears sway and track bars, but I just wanted to confirm with someone who might've used one of these on their rig.

PML makes covers that clear and have drain plugs, but they're $235 or so

The photo looks like it protrudes out a lot, if it does not clear you could maybe still use the Qa1 panhard bar, they only list them for the gmt800's but they also fit the 900's

justchecking

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Oh snap! We were on our way to a funeral and I had other things on my mind. I’ll mention it and report back what her reaction is.
I hoped you educated her about what a looser that can't even adult enough to have insurance looks like. :angels2:
Well I asked some leading questions today, and looser didn't come up, only that he was cute...:confused:

Reaction score
The photo looks like it protrudes out a lot, if it does not clear you could maybe still use the Qa1 panhard bar, they only list them for the gmt800's but they also fit the 900's

QA1 over the Spohn?
Wasn't planning on replacing rear suspension components just for a cover with a drain plug. If it came to this It would just be cheaper buying a PML cover that clears everything

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
from outside appearance's it looks like QA1 is no longer making them, there is 3 available on Amazon