What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
So here's a question for you all....

Do you have dust caps on your front hubs?

Right after I bought my 2011 Denali used I had to replace the lower ball joints and front wheel bearings/hubs for it to pass inspection. When ordering parts for that, I also ordered dust caps because it didn't have them.

Now jump to my 2012 and I've noticed it doesn't have dust covers either.

Are they supposed to? Do they need them, since the bearings are sealed in the hubs?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no dust caps on mine and I am pretty sure the hubs are original still I bought it at 82k, now at 137k so I probably have a couple more years to go still, I check them once in a while there still tight.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no dust caps on mine and I am pretty sure the hubs are original still I bought it at 82k, now at 137k so I probably have a couple more years to go still, I check them once in a while there still tight.
Dammit one MORE thing GM shortchanged us when going from the GMT800 to GMT900 platform. Cabin air filters, under hood, footwell and door panel lights, etc etc etc and now dust caps!

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Truck went to the upholstery on Monday for new seats and blacking out the interior. They dropped the headliner and said you have a sh*tload of wires under there. I said cut em all. Lol!

I'd love to get my headliner and pillars blacked or greyed out. I hate the white on gray shark look.

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So here's a question for you all....

Do you have dust caps on your front hubs?

Are they supposed to? Do they need them, since the bearings are sealed in the hubs?

Funny you mention this, I was just thinking the same thing myself the other day!

The 2009 Yukon does not have them, the 2012 Sierra does have them.

I reckon the cap protects the spindle nut from getting rusty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01