What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
I’ve been gone a while trying to wrap things up with a house I just recently closed on. Now I finally have some time to get back to working on the Denali.
Read end is done (Diff Cover, sway bar links, bushing, brackets, bolts, track bar) - photos to follow.
Trans Pan, trans flush, filter, transfer case. Between the broken dipstick tube introducing dirt/debris and the previous owner never changing the fluid, I’m worried how long my transmission is going to last.

Question for those Tech2 owners. Can you use the SD flash card on any device and make it a “Tech2” or is there something specific that’s needed which the Tech2 (or look-alike) “body/computer” has? The reason I’m asking is because I have an Autel that has been a great unit for working on all kinds of vehicles, and am wondering if I can use it loaded with the latest Tech2 flash card.

Basic computer stuff here.
Lots of details why, but that autel would need some sort of emulator in order for that to even have a chance of working.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
*Edit* nevermind, just saw the threads

Mine looks like that every oil change in the last 45,000mi.

I'm still collecting parts for a "rebuild" dod delete.
Looks to me like the threads were already stripped and somebody helicoiled it and that failed as well. Need to figure out a fix that doesn’t involve pulling the pan or replacing it.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
Where i left off last night!
1625332324633.png

I really wanted to get the oil system primed before i attached any accessory belts.
Got nearly 40psi cranking w/o plugs.
I think the 6.2 starter cranks a little slower than the 5.3 started did...

Next get the rest installed, front axle bolted in all the way, wheels on.
then i get to see if i can pull the hoe out of the garage a bit, kuz i get to remove that 87 octane fuel from the tank!
:banghead:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645