What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Typical backwards-ass Kommiefornian :p
ya, I am a red blooded American trapped in ******** land
I did really thing the problem was the amp which is why I started back there, I changed out the ground with a nice battery cable it read 00.00 ohms so I knew it wasn't that and then started moving forward.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya, I am a red blooded American trapped in ******** land
I did really thing the problem was the amp which is why I started back there, I changed out the ground with a nice battery cable it read 00.00 ohms so I knew it wasn't that and then started moving forward.

Well, if you were gonna have a wire come loose, that would be the safest place. The Universe gave you a mild dope slap this time around.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do the windows really come out that easy? Always been curious about that

Yes I was surprised too and it was a nice learning experience. Once you pop the door panel off and put the window down about half way there are two 10mm bolts pinching the window bottom to the regulator chassis. The glass is pinched between two pieces of metal with rubber tips like mini vises. I wish I had more time to take pics and do a really good write up. But I can say for sure after working on many vehicles over my lifetime this was the easiest to figure out. And was nice to do some homework in case a regulator takes a crap you have an idea what to do. The bottom of those windows have no metal frame attached FYI it is all glass and that is it.

The nasty part was cleaning the years of crap off the glass below where the seals are and the felts. I had to use a lot of rags and simple green to break through it and clean that all up. Anyway here are the after pics. All the window tint I ever tried to do on my own was very tough in the past trying to do it in the vehicle. Taking the glass out of the doors made a huge difference in labor IMHO. I have that crappy static cling 5% on the rear 3 glasses but it works for now.

Another tough part is trying to trim the film straight around the edges. Cut it within a few inches with a pair of scissors. Set it in place with the adhesive soap solution. Squeegee it out. Use a sharp razor to scrape along the edge of the glass to trim fit it. Once you start to get it set and drying out use a new sharp razor to do your 1/8" to 1/4" edge cut around the perimeter. Still hard as hell. Also used a heat gun to help dry it and cure it. Not perfect but good enough for me.

I have plans to put some 35% on the front row sides tomorrow. I am worried about that though because the factory tint hides a lot of the rookie blemishes and mistakes. I figure I will try the passenger side first and if it turns out too ****** I can back track.

IMG_3398.JPG IMG_3399.JPG

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
got the refrigerant out of the hoe, put a nice vacuum on the system for now...
Gotta get out of the garage while i totally use a recovery system and not just venting it out...

:D

stuff can kill ya, apparently it can sit on the bottom of your lungs and suffocate ya.
So it's good to have that part taken care of. :cool:

And i gave up trying to get the ring gaps figured out.
either i have some rings that are different than the others, or my bolt method is unreliable.
I'll either buy a fkn tool, or just wait for the pistons.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, if you were gonna have a wire come loose, that would be the safest place. The Universe gave you a mild dope slap this time around.
TRUE DAT! I could see sparky lighting up my ass, lol that 0 gauge goes from the battery, under the truck to the rear and comes in thru the body

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Speardog