What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Leevon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an "ac delco" ac compressor for the hoe in my cart on amazon for a few days, price was about $120.
Noticed today it went up to $180.
Been dragging my feet, + I was unsure if it was a perfect match.

:banghead:

I think they had a widespread price increase. I was checking on some things too. Had priced AC Delco wheel bearings at $137 recently they're now $160 something.

mtc1328

Reaction score
Installed a 20" light bar behind the grill. Very pleased with how it turned out. I now have the urge to get a bigger bar to fill out the grill better, but the extra light is nice to have. I had the light bar from a previous vehicle, so no new expense. Three and a half years of owning the Tahoe I finally got it installed. This took me much longer than it should have, but it was good to put the brain to work finding and/or making the pieces necessary to make it all come together, and not break anything along the way.

I built a bracket with parts from an old television mount with some modification, using aluminum scraps to connect the two pieces. One of the mount pieces was able to be seated in-between the foam and the hard plastic (one flipped down, the other flipped up), allowing the light to be mounted to the bracket and the bracket secured to the truck. After numerous fitting attempts and angle adjustments, I was able to install the bracket (with light attached) into place and secure. There is less than 1/4" between the light and the grill, and very little light loss from the grill when lit. I have zero scientific evidence to support the previous statement.

I used two 6" bolts to go through the foam/plastic/metal, which was roughly 4" thick. Felt secure to me, and there is no play in the bracket or the light after getting everything bolted down. Black zip ties secured the wiring.

Pictures show bracket in place from top of the grill, side angles of light bar on bracket installed (bracket painted black to match), and final exterior view, unlit and lit.

20210317_182724.jpg 20210321_161814.jpg 20210321_161825.jpg 20210320_191630.jpg 20210323_165220.jpg

Last edited:

Monz11

Full Access Member
Reaction score

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There’s a price to pay when you can’t wait. I get my RA stuff in about 3-4 days and it’s almost always the best price. Last week I did brakes on a friends F-250 Super Duty. I told him, I’ll get new rotors and pads from RA for the same price as just the pads from a local parts store. He said he didn’t want to, he just had a shop put expensive rotors on a couple years ago. I get it torn down and the fronts were old, grooved and cracked. Never were replaced. The rears were newer but were slotted and drilled, couldn’t have them turned even though they should have been. So for way more money he ended up with ****** rear rotors. The shop had ripped him off no surprise. I could have saved him $100 and had new rear rotors, Power Stop stuff all the way around. But once it’s torn down and you need the parts to put it back together right away, you’ll pay since there’s really not much choice.
I had my drilled and slotted rotors resurfaced on my camaro. Had a defective set of pads and they put a slight groove in the rotor. I had bought them from a local parts store. The turned the rotors and replaced pads for free. Just for future reference

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I had my drilled and slotted rotors resurfaced on my camaro. Had a defective set of pads and they put a slight groove in the rotor. I had bought them from a local parts store. The turned the rotors and replaced pads for free. Just for future reference
How can you turn grooved and slotted rotors? Didn't think you could.

08z71bgm

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There’s a price to pay when you can’t wait. I get my RA stuff in about 3-4 days and it’s almost always the best price. Last week I did brakes on a friends F-250 Super Duty. I told him, I’ll get new rotors and pads from RA for the same price as just the pads from a local parts store. He said he didn’t want to, he just had a shop put expensive rotors on a couple years ago. I get it torn down and the fronts were old, grooved and cracked. Never were replaced. The rears were newer but were slotted and drilled, couldn’t have them turned even though they should have been. So for way more money he ended up with ****** rear rotors. The shop had ripped him off no surprise. I could have saved him $100 and had new rear rotors, Power Stop stuff all the way around. But once it’s torn down and you need the parts to put it back together right away, you’ll pay since there’s really not much choice.
I understand the savings and if shipping now days wasn’t a *********** and I didn’t need my car back on the road the. I would’ve ordered online. Shipping is horrible these days. A week to get something from Maryland. That’s insane!!!

It’s not like I enjoy overpaying for car parts. It was the time I didn’t have waiting for them to show up. However all the other shit I need I’ll be ordering.

What’s everyone using for pads? I like what’s on mine but idk what they are. Previous owner had them put on by a shop and have no markings to tell me what they are when I did the hub.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I understand the savings and if shipping now days wasn’t a *********** and I didn’t need my car back on the road the. I would’ve ordered online. Shipping is horrible these days. A week to get something from Maryland. That’s insane!!!

It’s not like I enjoy overpaying for car parts. It was the time I didn’t have waiting for them to show up. However all the other shit I need I’ll be ordering.

What’s everyone using for pads? I like what’s on mine but idk what they are. Previous owner had them put on by a shop and have no markings to tell me what they are when I did the hub.

I run ceramic pads on my drilled and slotted rotors at all 4 corners. They don't produce as much dust as other types of pads.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667