What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was able to carve out a few hours this morning with a buddy to replace my broken driver side motor mount. The old one was almost completely ripped in half. I'd prepped by watching a bunch of videos on it, and picked what I thought was the easiest method. We went in from above, removing the steering shaft and exhaust manifold heat shield. We had to rip apart the mount heat shield to make room. My buddy is 4 inches taller than me, and has longer arms. So he reached the rear two mount-to-block bolts. If I were to do it solo, I'd have put it on jack stands and removed the front wheel to access those bolts. Overall it wasn't terrible. Total time was under 2 hours.

The truck is much better now. No more clunk when taking off. And if the H3 mount transmits more NVH than the stock Denali one, I sure can't tell. We saved the other side for another day, as weather is moving in, and we had family coming to see my dying MIL.

I found my exhaust leak, too. The rear most driver side manifold bolt is broken off. It HAD to be that one, of course. Thankfully my buddy does lots of car repair and is a much better welder than I am. We've made a plan to fix it when we have more time.

New H3 mount vs. old torn one:

20210206_114213.jpg

Close-up of torn one. Thanks GM.

20210206_114129.jpg

Lastly I got to break in my new cordless ratchet. It's a cheap knockoff of a Milwaukee. But it got good reviews. It worked like a champ, saving a bunch of time spent hunched over the radiator support.

20210206_170323.jpg

Last edited:

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was able to carve out a few hours this morning with a buddy to replace my broken driver side motor mount. The old one was almost completely ripped in half. I'd prepped by watching a bunch of videos on it, and picked what I thought was the easiest method. We went in from above, removing the steering shaft and exhaust manifold heat shield. We had to rip apart the mount heat shield to make room. My buddy is 4 inches taller than me, and has longer arms. So he reached the rear two mount-to-block bolts. If I were to do it solo, I'd have put it on jack stands and removed the front wheel to access those bolts. Overall it wasn't terrible. Total time was under 2 hours.

The truck is much better now. No more clunk when taking off. And if the H3 mount transmits more NVH than the stock Denali one, I sure can't tell. We saved the other side for another day, as weather is moving in, and we had family coming to see my dying MIL.

I found my exhaust leak, too. The rear most driver side manifold bolt is broken off. It HAD to be that one, of course. Thankfully my buddy does lots of car repair and is a much better welder than I am. We've made a plan to fix it when we have more time.

New H3 mount vs. old torn one:

View attachment 270043

Close-up of torn one. Thanks GM.

View attachment 270044

Lastly I got to break in my new cordless ratchet. It's a cheap knockoff of a Milwaukee. But it got good reviews. It worked like a champ, saving a bunch of time spent hunched over the radiator support.

View attachment 270057

2 more things I want. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts