What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hillbilly4460

Reaction score
Did you do anything extra for the ghosting? I ask because I recently debadged mine. I'm not a paint and body expert or even a detailer, so I tried polishing compound and a cheap RO buffer. It worked, but took what I thought was an excessive amount of time. Rubbing compound probably would've worked faster, but I didn't wanna be TOO aggressive.

Goo Gone with a soft towel is what I used, and everything came right off. I didnt have any issues with ghosting though. You couldn't tell anything was ever there.

Hi-psi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put my a/c compressor belt back on. Randomly popped off yesterday. :wtf2:

Not broken, not frayed, not stretched. Noticed the a/c wasn't blowing cold on the way home from work, thought maybe it just needed a top off/recharge. Already had one of those recharge cans. Got home, popped the hood, a/c belt is just laying there looped around the tensioner. Put it back on, all is well (for now).

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I initially had a strip/eyebrow. The installer recommended that I remove it.

I can understand removing it to apply film to the entire windshield but not sure why he would not reapply it.

I have 70% ceramic film on the entire windshield but had him install an 8" 5% strip at the top after the fact.

Doing the strip makes the fact that the entire windshield is tinted less noticeable... IMO

Mrhug3

Reaction score
I can understand removing it to apply film to the entire windshield but not sure why he would not reapply it.

I have 70% ceramic film on the entire windshield but had him install an 8" 5% strip at the top after the fact.

Doing the strip makes the fact that the entire windshield is tinted less noticeable... IMO

I didn't know for sure if tint over tint would last, so I didn't say anything about it. Maybe I'll go back after it's all settled in. I'm glad I didn't go with 70% though, 50% still seems a little light during the day. We'll see tonight though.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I didn't know for sure if tint over tint would last, so I didn't say anything about it. Maybe I'll go back after it's all settled in. I'm glad I didn't go with 70% though, 50% still seems a little light during the day. We'll see tonight though.

I didn't want to darken the windshield.... my reasoning was purely to block the heat and UV rays. These dash boards are notorious for cracking and the Florida heat is brutal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kootamcgrabbin24