What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just noticed this evening that my passenger low beam bulb (H7) is out. I usually replace both sides. This is going to take longer than it should to replace a headlight bulb, frigging GM engineers

Mine went out too last night. I just replaced both the H11 bulbs 3 months ago. I tore back into it thinking the bulb got damaged from the vibration of my impact driver replacing the radiator. And it was, the filament was broken. I put a new bulb in, but it didn't light up. Which pzs'd me off because I was at work with a manual ratchet driver trying to fix this through the top side tonight.

Turns out the bulb plug wiring is shot. Same thing happened to my pass side headlight plug a year or 2 ago. Had to solder in a new bulb plug from a spare headlight housing harness. Should have expected this. I have a spare headlight housing with the plug/wiring to fix it this weekend.

Seems like the weak spot is right where the wiring enters the weather pack connector, and flexes and takes a beating while replacing the damn bulbs in these things.

Post 300K miles of wear. If anybody is in that range, take a note. Add it to the "preventative" list of sheet to do in your tinkering spare time.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New shoes on the '07. Michelin Defender LTX, but made in Brazil. Go figure. Hope they hold up as well as the ones made in the USA. I fear that Michelin may be on a cost-cutting binge, and we know where that usually goes...

View attachment 397295
Good tires for a normal driver, I can't use them lol too hard and therefore not enough grip

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good tires for a normal driver, I can't use them lol too hard and therefore not enough grip
They work great on my Denali. The Bridgestones Alenza Plus were terrible. It was spinning all the time, especially on a wet road. These defenders have given't me any trouble. They don't work like a "hard" tire imo. I can see where they are hazing the road when I'm pulling out in a spirited way.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They work great on my Denali. The Bridgestones Alenza Plus were terrible. It was spinning all the time, especially on a wet road. These defenders have given't me any trouble. They don't work like a "hard" tire imo. I can see where they are hazing the road when I'm pulling out in a spirited way.
they are a good tire and will go for miles but I drive like i'm late to my own funeral a lot, my experience was slipping/loss of traction, I use the goodyear eagle sport all season which is a step up from the eagle ls/2 and a step down from the eagle rs-a (police)<-due to price, they also have a run flat which is even pricier. they get less mileage but never break grip.
I love them and unless I go spend oodles of money trying various other tires I will probably never switch to anything else again.
the Michelin's slightly beat out the eagle sport a/s on reviews but I can only assume that is because of mileage, driving style and popularity of brand.
mileage is certainly sub-par by comparison but that comes with the territory, sport tires are slightly softer for better grip and this hurts the longevity.
not everybody is trying to take a corner at 80 but I get close to it lol

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they are a good tire and will go for miles but I drive like i'm late to my own funeral a lot, my experience was slipping/loss of traction, I use the goodyear eagle sport all season which is a step up from the eagle ls/2 and a step down from the eagle rs-a (police)<-due to price, they also have a run flat which is even pricier. they get less mileage but never break grip.
I love them and unless I go spend oodles of money trying various other tires I will probably never switch to anything else again.
the Michelin's slightly beat out the eagle sport a/s on reviews but I can only assume that is because of mileage, driving style and popularity of brand.
mileage is certainly sub-par by comparison but that comes with the territory, sport tires are slightly softer for better grip and this hurts the longevity.
not everybody is trying to take a corner at 80 but I get close to it lol
About 10 minutes into my commute, there's an interchange that goes from one lane to two and nobody likes to take that outside Lane because sheeple, so I can hop in there right before the turn and get up to 80 plus through it even with my lifted mud terrain setup and never lose traction meanwhile everyone else is poking along at 50 in the left lane, inside lane, afraid for their life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076