What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure if I have clearance there either, I just tied it up on that mounting point for the headlight harness, there's nothing there between the fender liner and the core support so they're just hanging in free air essentially.
I know they get hot as hell.
yep so hot they will melt any plastic that touches them

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats interesting and one if the reasons I am sticking with incandescent bulbs or will have the hyper-flash disabled.
typically the resistor it's self is ceramic and the metal part around it is just a heatsink, attaching it to other metal allows it to dissipate the heat better.
inside the ceramic is a metal strip like a fuse but the ceramic allows the heat to escape and not burn the metal strip creating resistance. at least that's my theory based on taking things apart to see how they work, lol

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
typically the resistor it's self is ceramic and the metal part around it is just a heatsink, attaching it to other metal allows it to dissipate the heat better.
inside the ceramic is a metal strip like a fuse but the ceramic allows the heat to escape and not burn the metal strip creating resistance. at least that's my theory based on taking things apart to see how they work, lol
Sounds right. I understand how resistors make heat. I was just surprised they would make a lot of heat in a flasher circuit. I guess it's 50% duty so sitting at a light for a few minutes would add up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan