What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
and i totally used the leaf blower to blow off the layer of dust it has on it right now.

:challenge:

I made some little elbows out of some -6 an tubing i have, eventually they will be my radiator trans cooler bypass!

Ended up deciding to finally fix the bathtub faucets since the hot side has had a slow leak for a few months now...

that turned into a massive pita.
guy helping me find parts was lazy, i ended up getting just the seats and the seat seals.
that turned into some leaking due to the hardwater bs.
so some crossbuffs (cylinder head/intake porting tools ftw) to clean the seal surfaces and some Neosporin as a o-ring grease and i have it fixed! :jester:

then the inside water main valve started leaking.
at first a slow drip.
usually i just use pliers to really open it to stop the leaking.
not this time!

more i dicked with it, the worst it got.
Youtube to learn how to use the complex lookin curb side water valve, luckily i had a tool for my secondary water that worked perfectly!

then then time to figure out how the fk to seal the valve.
nearly looked like i needed to cut copper and solder a new valve in...

Little cap that goes over the shaft :boobs:,had some super deteriorated looking seal stuff in there.
picked that crap out for like 20min to figure out if i can reseal it.

ended up with am answer of :poop:

so i took one of the rubber o-rings from my random little amazon kit, found one that sorta worked.
Lubed that ***** up and tossed it in there.
cranked the cap down, turned on the water main and no more leak!!!

w00t w00t!

today I had the plan of to replace the kitchen facet, but this took all fkn day.

Now i have a mt dew, and some rum.
Mix it together, and I call it a dew-jito (mojito but with mt dew).
a recipe i learned from a coworker years ago. :cool:

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did a quick and dirty wide band install.
I'll figure out where to put it and clean it up later.

Rearrange the cat back, but the resonator right off of the cat (after a flex pipe), then the muffler and over the axle. Got all the hangers on, just need to figure out how I want to finish off the tip.

Attachments

• IMG_20210925_203512519.jpg
    IMG_20210925_203512519.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 2

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
We didn’t but now that I know about it, we’ll pay a visit when we go back. Could end up being an annual event for us. We had a helluva good time on the beach and in the water. Had beautiful weather for the drive home today.
I love Cape May. I haven't been there for a few years.IMAG0642.jpgIMAG0638.jpg

slowride77

Reaction score
Today I washed, clay bar, and then waxed my 2009 Tahoe. And then finally installed my Z71 interior trim and got rid of the woodgrain. Now what to do with the woodgrain kit?

Attachments

• 5A382808-3081-4FB6-B95F-FBD19135DDDC.jpeg
    5A382808-3081-4FB6-B95F-FBD19135DDDC.jpeg
    252.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 879C1BEF-6037-447C-8463-538875AAA627.jpeg
    879C1BEF-6037-447C-8463-538875AAA627.jpeg
    421.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 7757FC72-FA8C-4015-BD06-EF14E70BBF76.jpeg
    7757FC72-FA8C-4015-BD06-EF14E70BBF76.jpeg
    286.4 KB · Views: 5

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I washed, clay bar, and then waxed my 2009 Tahoe. And then finally installed my Z71 interior trim and got rid of the woodgrain. Now what to do with the woodgrain kit?
Getting rid of that stupid forward bin with the doors is one of the best mods I've done. It's hard to tell from the pics...what are the replacement trim pieces? Are they just painted black?

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Since I purchased this, it has had a rattle in the steering column when I hit a bump with the front end. Partly that’s a worn universal where the column meets the rack, and I just haven’t gotten around to it yet.
Today I also discovered at the passenger end of the rack, the rubber bushing that isolates the rack & pinion from the mounting bracket is loose, and I can move the rack slightly in the bushing. So, is that bushing a serviceable part? Or do I have to replace the entire rack?

The bushing is captive in the area circled below. Like a rubber donut that circles the rack and in turn is enclosed by the mounting bracket with the 2 bolts.

A5F7EA34-48E3-4B46-BB01-F9D28B68D9FF.jpeg

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also have a clunk in the front when I hit certain bumps, thought maybe the rack bushings or something. Haven't looked hard, but also no obvious culprits...yet.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since I purchased this, it has had a rattle in the steering column when I hit a bump with the front end. Partly that’s a worn universal where the column meets the rack, and I just haven’t gotten around to it yet.
Today I also discovered at the passenger end of the rack, the rubber bushing that isolates the rack & pinion from the mounting bracket is loose, and I can move the rack slightly in the bushing. So, is that bushing a serviceable part? Or do I have to replace the entire rack?

The bushing is captive in the area circled below. Like a rubber donut that circles the rack and in turn is enclosed by the mounting bracket with the 2 bolts.

View attachment 351462
It's replaceable. I have this one I bought from Febest, waiting to go in when I have some time: