What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Dude, just be patient, most everyone on the planet is waiting longer for things they want. I also had to wait a while longer to get my updated Blackbear tune once I had my new motor installed and broke in. They are busy, just like everyone else. If you didn't get an answer to your email about files, why not pick up your phone and call them instead of calling them out on here, that's really f**ked up.

I'm sorry if I seem an a**hole here, but PATIENCE goes a LONG way, and no one is ENTITLED to anything, you gotta wait your turn.
Thanks for the reality check. I know they are behind and I even told myself to be patient :rolleyes::confused:. I have the log file for the 89 tune and can start with that once I hear back form them. I can log on E85 later.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of my long time tuning buddies said I "Need it on ethanol free fuel to reset the sensor."
So maybe I'll try and blow through a full tank of corn this weekend and throw some regular expensive junk in the tank to try and zero it out and see if I can get it happy again.
The fuel composition can be reset with E10 and the computer will reset to 3% alcohol content and then adjust from there. Are you doing the reset with a Tech-2 or equivalent?

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
I use the autozone elite ceramic pads, simply because there quiet, no dust, lifetime warranty. ton's of pads to choose from out there.

I got those recently for my wife's car.
I learned with every vehicle when i need to buy pads, it's autozone and i buy the best they have.

since i keep cars until they die, it's a good investment. ;)

they didn't have the rears instock, so i got the next line down for those.
we were leaving for a long road trip, so it was more urgent than anything else.

I wasn't sold on the whole "copper free" thing, to me it seems like more about environment vs performance.

But, I absolutely love those pads over the stock ones she had.
and the front wheels aren't showing any real signs of brake dust.
wife likes to drag her brakes going down hills and can warp rotors... :jester:

The rear wheels are pretty brake dusty.
I wish i could have taken more time and either found a store with them in stock, or ordered them in.

but...
we were pretty much leaving for the trip the next day, and i was focused on getting the brake pedal firm after flushing the fluid and having a spongy pedal afterwards.

Oh and tech 2 abs bleed, worth every penny for that tool. :beer:

So far the trick seems to be, normal flush until fluid is clear.
then break out the tech2 for an ABS bleed with the same vac tool connected.

and the Tahoe is going to get the same pads once it's time. :headbang:

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
and the Tahoe is running again.

took it for a nice little drive to, kept it easy for that new thrust bearing.
I'm about to pull the filter and cut it open.

then it's all crossing fingers.

if it's more metal, then i'm thinking it's time to bypass the transmission cooler for now.
I'll keep the one in front of the radiator for now, just bypass the one inside of the radiator for now.
I did store the radiator outside while i worked on the hoe, i stuffed some paper towel bits in the port.
I also flushed the cooler (forward and reverse) before reinstalling.

and i installed an oil cooler bypass when reassembling the engine.
did some light opening of that bypass to match the widened ports on the pan.
so far my oil pressure is much better, and i get a faster pressure rise on the gauge.

that alone means i'm thinking it's time to spend money on a radiator here very soon.

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The fuel composition can be reset with E10 and the computer will reset to 3% alcohol content and then adjust from there. Are you doing the reset with a Tech-2 or equivalent?
I gotta burn through this this full tank or e85 before I can do anything.
But I didn't think about that, there's probably a setting in the tech 2 to do that.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can’t take a word out of context and then be offended regardless of the current social norms. LOL!
I swear you CAN do that and get in trouble. I was joking about the retarder but there’s a lot of words for tools we couldnt use at work anymore because they’re either racist, sexist, or some other -ist. It’s messed up.

BTW your Blackbear tunes are upgradeable for free for life, not for a year. Not sure where you heard that.

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I swear you CAN do that and get in trouble. I was joking about the retarder but there’s a lot of words for tools we couldnt use at work anymore because they’re either racist, sexist, or some other -ist. It’s messed up.

BTW your Blackbear tunes are upgradeable for free for life, not for a year. Not sure where you heard that.
Somebody brought up the black bear tunes recently, and they chimed in and said they had to cut it down to only a year instead of life from now on. But any future tunes after that will come at a discounted rate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz