What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My hood and roof are really bad, I never really thought to look where the light bar was though.
That hood was actually the original one on thecopcar. It had been resprayed black at some point So is in good condition. I swapped that one and the white one so my daily was at least all one color. Plus the white one plays back into thecopcar theme.

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oil change w/Mobil 1 and Microguard filter because that's all they had at O'Reilly's.

Should have taken 20 mins to do, but the last person who put on the filter used the 1,000 lb./ft. setting. I had to drive a screwdriver through the filter, then hammer a 12" pry bar through it, just to get it to spin. Then the giant channel-lock pliers I had were enough to spin the thing off. What a nightmare. But hey, now that's done.

Question: after resetting the dash monitor for oil change life, how long is the computer programmed to go between intervals? Is it strictly mileage based, or is there a formula for engine hours & miles factored together with fancy maths?
The OLM is actually very robust and takes duty service, time, temps etc into account to come up with the %. I change when it gets to around 15% being a higher mileage engine. AND I ALWAYS use a good synthetic.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It definitely factors in other things. When my radiator blew up and I overheated it, it dropped the oil life from ~55% to 0% in a matter of minutes.
I am sure the computer keeps track of all sorts of things over time, temps, TPS %, load, start cycles per hour, etc. etc. etc. Or at least, I would be disappointed if they didn't, it is all there just waiting to be analyzed. :)

My analysis of when to service my truck is mileage, months and how dark is my oil... That's your authentic AI right there. :)

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am sure the computer keeps track of all sorts of things over time, temps, TPS %, load, start cycles per hour, etc. etc. etc. Or at least, I would be disappointed if they didn't, it is all there just waiting to be analyzed. :)

My analysis of when to service my truck is mileage, months and how dark is my oil... That's your authentic AI right there. :)
I always have made it easy on myself, 5,000 miles
Will change tire rotation. Then I never have to write it down or remember the last time I did it.
Although, the way I drive this I do have to add about a quart in between that 5,000. I really should be changing it sooner as dark as it gets.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always have made it easy on myself, 5,000 miles
Will change tire rotation. Then I never have to write it down or remember the last time I did it.
Although, the way I drive this I do have to add about a quart in between that 5,000. I really should be changing it sooner as dark as it gets.
I definitely watch consumption and how dark it is getting. I had that TSB work done where GM paid for new pistons and rings (consuming like qt every 1K). Now it stays pretty clean, relatively speaking, between changes every 5K in non-Covid times, about every six months last year.

Do you have a catch can?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BattleTank