What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
load test the battery, put a meter on it and then turn the key to start and see what happens, if it drops below 10.5v then she no-starty

I tested them both after installing my alternator a couple of weeks ago and they both tested +
Do you think that in such a short period of time the batteries could sh*t the bed? They're XS Power batteries and are roughly 5 years old.

The connector may not be making good contact.

I think you are responding to my post
I've gone through them a few times, especially after installing my alternator.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tested them both after installing my alternator a couple of weeks ago and they both tested +
Do you think that in such a short period of time the batteries could sh*t the bed? They're XS Power batteries and are roughly 5 years old.

I think you are responding to my post
I've gone through them a few times, especially after installing my alternator.
No telling, it's worth taking a few minutes to eliminate, you could try jumping the starter relay as well and see if it turns over that way. Then you can go backwards from there or forward to cables

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No telling, it's worth taking a few minutes to eliminate, you could try jumping the starter relay as well and see if it turns over that way. Then you can go backwards from there or forward to cables

True true, I'll give it a try as soon as the weather breaks. We're expecting a Tropical storm so, I'll have to pack things up until it clears.
Thanks

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I forgot to mention, I put the charger on just for its and giggles not really expecting much. To my surprise, it started and battery level is up 14.5v. I'll let it run a for a few minutes and hope it starts in the AM haha

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, tell me if have this right. You want to copy the contents of the Tech 2 memory card onto an SD card, to install in your Autel? And be able to use the Tech 2 software from the SD card?
Not quite. I wondered if you could use the tech 2 software on another OBD/CPU device. The autel I have is not a cheap version by any means, it works similar to the Snap-On Versus OBD/Diagnostics Scan Tool. So rather than buying a whole new “device”, I wanted to know if there is an external Tech2 reader that is “plug and play” and would work on a different device. Since the Tech2 is made up of multiple components (MDI, VCI, Memory Card and the scan tool itself - plus a laptop or desktop), I wasn’t sure if you can eliminate one of more of the components with the use of another scan tool (in my case the autel, which also runs Linux and has a WiFi chip - so it can interface, act as the scan tool, run live diagnostics, data, and run any computer based software or apps). Maybe I’m thinking too far out of the box or speaking code talk is sinful on a “gearhead board”.

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trico Force 25220, cheap and nice, beats the hell out of paying $30-40 for the bosch, the trico's are beyond there 2nd season and still like new, the bosch I had to replace every season.
Do you run the Trico Force in any cold/freezing weather? Their old blades didn’t stand up to the older Bosch blades when it came time for snow & ice, but I haven’t used the ones you mentioned. The trico on my rear window works flawless, especially if you use 303 on the rubber whenever you clean or detail your ride. That stuff is magic.

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m waiting for mine to die so I can upgrade to the newer 4 piston calipers, pads and rotors…
Do the 4 piston calipers seems to work better on heavier vehicles like ours? The reason I’m asking is I wondering if any of brake caliper/pad/rotor issues are caused by faulty parts, improper installation, or the parts not being built heavy duty enough to withstand the vehicle weight and/or people towing without an electronic brake controller.
Not saying anyone here is installing their parts wrong, I’m taking more about the stealerships and mechanic shops with “nick the new guy” working there.
Ive seen a lot of caliper failures from guys using too much grease on the boots or too much stop squeak. Both can collect dust/dirt/debris and prevent the piston from being able to move.

CaptainAmerica1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4 pistons vs 2 and .6 inches more rotor area seems like it would stop better. This is a newer development to use the 21+ calipers pads and rotors so the longevity still remains to be seen but in theory there should be no problem running them on our trucks.