What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went and tried to remove the upper control arms (21mm for bolt and nut) with no joy. Sent a text to my daughter asking her to pick up a hardened socket and a reciprocating saw with some bi-metal blades. My youngest asks me how it's going and then took a stab at it, got it all done with minimal assistance from me! LOL Super Jaime to the rescue! Sent a text to her big sister telling her to cancel the saw and blades, the socket will still come in handy.

Edited to add that the lower control arm bolts are 18mm and the nuts are 15/16ths, deep socket. Since the bolt is in a depression, some wrenches don't get a good hold so we used a breaker bar to hold it in place. The metric socket was too loose compared with the 15/16ths. As far as I can tell, everything is original, the cams still have the plastic inserts from the factory and we didn't destroy them getting them out.

So that's where we are today. Have to decide on whether or not to drop the diff so we can raise the motor and change the motor mount or hire that job out to the professionals. Kids picked up the newly painted bumper cover from the dealer, they said it looked great, I'll look on the morrow.

Last edited:

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Reaction score
So after a couple days of driving it with the H3 mount installed I can feel a bit of a vibration when in drive and stopped at a light sometimes. I think when the AC compressor is engaged is when I can feel it. When in park or while driving I don't notice it.

My wife couldn't notice it, but she doesn't drive it as much. It does feel much better when accelerating and no more thud when starting from a stop.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went and tried to remove the upper control arms (21mm for bolt and nut) with no joy. Sent a text to my daughter asking her to pick up a hardened socket and a reciprocating saw with some bi-metal blades. My youngest asks me how it's going and then took a stab at it, got it all done with minimal assistance from me! LOL Super Jaime to the rescue! Sent a text to her big sister telling her to cancel the saw and blades, the socket will still come in handy.

So that's where we are today. Have to decide on whether or not to drop the diff so we can raise the motor and change the motor mount or hire that job out to the professionals. Kids picked up the newly painted bumper cover from the dealer, they said it looked great, I'll look on the morrow.

Yeah, driver side motor mount on four wheel drive is not fun. I'm sure I took quite a bit of time and multiple expletives and possibly even drew a little blood, but I did get it done in the driveway on jack stands. Use the floor jack to lift the motor up.
Not fun, but doable.

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not bad, use some fresh utility blades and it's easy work
I started that way, and mine broke apart a bit think I went to a hacksaw or sawzall blade by hand to clean up some of it, but pretty straightforward easy job. Not too bad to change it either... Which reminds me I'm probably getting close again

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, driver side motor mount on four wheel drive is not fun. I'm sure I took quite a bit of time and multiple expletives and possibly even drew a little blood, but I did get it done in the driveway on jack stands. Use the floor jack to lift the motor up.
Not fun, but doable.

We will but not going to use the oil pan or balancer. Have to drop differential to get at that tab on the block. How did you raise the motor?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667