What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I love driving The Beast in the snow. AWD does prove itself in the white stuff. Next most fun is in sand at the beach. AWD rooster tails FTW.
When I was shopping for trucks last time I passed on a 13 Yukon XL Denali with the 6.2 and AWD in diamond tricoat. I was reading about it and got spooked by people having trouble getting stuck off road in the snow due to the traction control. I didn’t know you could disable it. I have kicked myself more than a few times for passing on that truck.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I was shopping for trucks last time I passed on a 13 Yukon XL Denali with the 6.2 and AWD in diamond tricoat. I was reading about it and got spooked by people having trouble getting stuck off road in the snow due to the traction control. I didn’t know you could disable it. I have kicked myself more than a few times for passing on that truck.
Yeah my 02 is old school AWD- no electronics at all. No TC. It’s all mechanical and it just works. I’m not sure why they went away from that.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah my 02 is old school AWD- no electronics at all. No TC. It’s all mechanical and it just works. I’m not sure why they went away from that.
there is a section of curb I sometimes drive over as a shortcut and it freaks the traction control out I will have to try it one of these days with the traction control turned off and see what it does, with the traction control on it makes it hesitate and take baby steps it's kind of funny but then she goes. I went to go order the torque converter yesterday but the boss was out of the office so going again today so it can be here when they dig into this thing.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
My wife was riding with me last night and I was in 2wd for a while. She noted the traction control engaging and stopping the truck from sliding. She was impressed and said “wow, thats pretty nice. I feel safe”. I agree that it works well for what it does but I prefer to turn it off at times so I have more control. I guess I like her feeling safe too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TU1881

Latest posts