What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08z71bgm

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found one of the Handkraftd steering wheels on eBay the other day and pulled the trigger. It seemed like a good deal and I'm not a huge fan of the wood grain trim ring around the stock Escalade one anyway. This new one is a lot thicker and just feels better too. I did lose the heated function, but I've only used it a few times so no biggie for me.
PicsArt_10-28-07.50.07.jpg

PicsArt_10-28-07.51.23.jpg
I like it. I think this pic just sold me on it!

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good... NY keeps extending yearly inspections so I keep letting it ride. My Honda was due in June and the tahoe was up in august.... they extended everyone until October 4 and renewed extension until November. I don’t care either way, I’ll wait until they say you must get it done then wait a month or 2 and play stupid when I get yanked. Crazy that every other state either doesn’t do them or are 2 years but NY does it every year. .. stupid

every year here also.

denalianyone

NYBlackLade08
Reaction score
I found one of the Handkraftd steering wheels on eBay the other day and pulled the trigger. It seemed like a good deal and I'm not a huge fan of the wood grain trim ring around the stock Escalade one anyway. This new one is a lot thicker and just feels better too. I did lose the heated function, but I've only used it a few times so no biggie for me.

I have that steering wheel in my eBay cart for about a month. I may pull the trigger soon. How do you like your android screen? I have the px6 and my only complaint is that I lost my chimes because I have an aftermarket 6 channel amp. My volume/mute steering wheel controls don’t work anymore either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id like to get a double din screen but all that additional stuff (costs the same as radio) needed makes me not want it. Haha

Austinite

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have that steering wheel in my eBay cart for about a month. I may pull the trigger soon. How do you like your android screen? I have the px6 and my only complaint is that I lost my chimes because I have an aftermarket 6 channel amp. My volume/mute steering wheel controls don’t work anymore either.

Hahaha, yeah I lost my chimes too because of the amps. I really don't miss them too much to tell you the truth. Overall the android is way better than stock, but there is a few quirks that I wish they would address in future models. The radio app is trash, 5V or 6V pre-outs would be nice, rear video out (I think newer ones have this now), Bluetooth 4.0, and maybe a more customizable layout. And as far as losing the steering wheel controls, I got the PAC SWI-RC Steering Wheel Control Interface and got them back. I think there's a YouTube video on how to make it work with the Android unit.

denalianyone

NYBlackLade08
Reaction score
Hahaha, yeah I lost my chimes too because of the amps. I really don't miss them too much to tell you the truth. Overall the android is way better than stock, but there is a few quirks that I wish they would address in future models. The radio app is trash, 5V or 6V pre-outs would be nice, rear video out (I think newer ones have this now), Bluetooth 4.0, and maybe a more customizable layout. And as far as losing the steering wheel controls, I got the PAC SWI-RC Steering Wheel Control Interface and got them back. I think there's a YouTube video on how to make it work with the Android unit.

Yes the radio had the alternator whine when on but not the Bluetooth which was weird. I grounded each audio jack to the android unit to get rid of the whine. My px6 unit doesn’t have a SWC nor key1 or key2 wire(s) to tap into for the PAC or Axxes steering control module.

Last edited:

Austinite

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes the radio had the alternator whine when on but not the Bluetooth which was weird. I grounded each audio jack to the android unit to get rid of the whine. My px6 unit doesn’t have a SWC nor key1 or key2 wire(s) to tap into for the PAC or Axxes steering control module.

Oh damn, I couldn't live without the steering wheel controls. Can't believe yours didn't come with any of those wires.

08z71bgm

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Did you end up paying full price or did you put in an offer?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo