What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have read mixed reviews about those Fumoto valves. I don’t think you are alone. Many have complained about the drain speed.

Yea it takes a while. I usually go back in the house for 30 mins or so. I bought some plastic tubing that fits over the nipple and run that into an oil jug

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got up into the 50s and sunny today....Tahoe was covered in gravel dust and mud from driving through road construction in the rain a few days ago....so it got washed, glass cleaned, tire dressing, and ceramic waxed. It looks soooo freaking good. Also did my wifes car, which completely finished off my arms ( rock climbing last night started the process ) but they both look so good now.
Uhh... pics..?

R3cord303

Posse In Effect
Reaction score
Well the driveway shots are boring and have a weird shadow....but I went and took real pictures today of the tahoe atleast

49576295401_83758e3e60_b.jpgtahoe 1 by Geoff Anderson, on Flickr

49576525022_07892969ea_b.jpgtahoe 3 by Geoff Anderson, on Flickr
Damn thats the first time I’ve ever seen that paint color (same as mine) that looked good! Did you do your projector retrofit yourself? Makes me wanna dehaze my lights soon!

3A76417B-3021-4185-A4B6-1AC1CE482322.jpeg

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No you can't adjust the opening, it's either open or closed. And since no one really made a vacuum cutout for 3.5" exhaust, I had to kind of Frankenstein parts together. I had to weld the cutout to the flange after I cut the flange down a bit and used butt joints to tie it altogether. I might eventually weld it all up. And I mounted the vacuum pump/remote relay under the cupholders in the center console.
3" Vacuum Cutout
3.5" to 2.5" flange
3.5" Stainless Cutout
3.5" Butt Joint Exhaust Clamps (2)

I thought it was actuated by engine vacuum (or, more accurately, lack of with throttle angle). That's why I asked if you could adjust the opening point. Wouldn't want it opening just when you're casually accelerating from block to block.

You got a deal on that cutout!

Austinite

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought it was actuated by engine vacuum (or, more accurately, lack of with throttle angle). That's why I asked if you could adjust the opening point. Wouldn't want it opening just when you're casually accelerating from block to block.

Ohhh, yeah I guess I should've elaborated more on that! I do think some people in the turbo world have them hooked up that way. This one has a pump.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score

I too thought that was how it worked.

Idriveaho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it washed Saturday. Found that the clear coat on the passenger side has bad clear coat peeling as well as some on the roof. Anyone know a good process for me to fix it myself?

Today I decided to take care of the po121 code and cleaned the throttle body. Then I used the sea foam spray deal. I was one of the unlucky ones where this thing did not want to relearn the idle. Did the whole turn on 3 min off 60 for who knows how many damn times. Unhooked the battery for 10 min. Ended up having to drive it for awhile. It finally figured it out when I got home.

I did notice it seemed like I might have a slight boost in mpg from seafoaming though. I was monitoring the instant and usually up a slight hill I get 10 to 12. It was reading 15. We will see if it’s a placebo effect after the next fill.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094