What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R3cord303

Posse In Effect
Reaction score
And you'll never need another caliper either. Both those brands last pretty much forever and you can buy rebuild kits. If you’re concerned, have a kit on hand. They’re like the old days, when stuff was high enough quality that you rebuild it instead of replacing it. As far as pads, my Wilwoods will probably run for 100k on a set. The things are massive. I have never heard of anyone having problems with Wilwoods, what seems to be their issue? Mine were easy to install although with 16” rotors, wheel size and fitment was a concern although it was fine with my 22’s. No problems at all. Just make sure you center them correctly with the shims provided.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also I Don't think a de-"badged" z06 caliper on a GMT900 really would look terribly different than a red painted toyota caliper
65192d1437047942-caliper-paint-20150629_111228-jpg.jpg
nmobuCL_AsAybq7Cd4HCE2F-fqMCkQABoCsCF7aJYu-9gvZw&s.jpg
Why are you comparing anything to a red painted Toyota caliper? And that Z06 isn’t debadged! That’s why I was asking, because I didn’t know how well you can hide or “debadge” the Corvette. If it’s engraved you’d need to grind and polish it so it wouldn’t show through. I know, I know, I’m picky. But to me if you can walk up and still see the outline of a Corvette it would drive me nuts. Now these? They look right.1799E5F7-B04B-4829-9554-D603C67ABA3C.jpeg0D81201B-980D-4F42-9B88-7F7CD855EB07.jpeg

R3cord303

Posse In Effect
Reaction score
Why are you comparing anything to a red painted Toyota caliper? And that Z06 isn’t debadged! That’s why I was asking, because I didn’t know how well you can hide or “debadge” the Corvette. If it’s engraved you’d need to grind and polish it so it wouldn’t show through. I know, I know, I’m picky. But to me if you can walk up and still see the outline of a Corvette it would drive me nuts. Now these? They look right.View attachment 238402View attachment 238403
h-ss-braided-lines-extras-c6z-factory-calipers-008.jpg
They're not engraved, its literally just stenciled. I'm comparing it to a Toyota caliper, because without the stenciling, with or without the red paint, it looks like any ordinary OEM caliper, especially because I'm gonna be going with plain 15" rotors. No drilling or slotting.

EDIT: And If I decide to get some other than standard brake pads like EBC Yellowstuff, It will be way harder on the calipers and rotors. The amount of dust and heat they kick off is crazy. Just something to think about. I know running non-standard pads on the Brembos or Wilwoods isn't something you generally do, but pad selection is going to be an easier thing with the z06s. Not that its really 'hard' for the BBCs, because you just call and crossrefrence the part number from the BBC maker, but it is easier for the z06s.

Last edited:

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
the high res version is blocked by Photobucket. I'm not sure if resolution is the problem for you or not, but thats the case with that one. I also thingk that may be a rear caliper. Not entirely sure.
No, I’m saying it’s way too obvious that’s a Corvette caliper and looks like shit inside that wheel well. To each their own, but I have to agree with Mark on this. I would say that if it were me, I’d have an issue with that look. And I’d assume they are milled / stamped, rather than just painted. Not an easy fix. But it’s your truck. Do what you wanna do.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that will chew thru cordless drill batteries in a hurry. I have a corded 7.5amp D-handle still that I use with my eraser. The side handle helps control the eraser.

I was shocked a bit because I would get months out of a single charge using it for all other jobs. And I am not easy on my power tools. That eraser wheel really creates some serious drag and torque strain and motor heat BIG TIME.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
h-ss-braided-lines-extras-c6z-factory-calipers-008.jpg
They're not engraved, its literally just stenciled. I'm comparing it to a Toyota caliper, because without the stenciling, with or without the red paint, it looks like any ordinary OEM caliper, especially because I'm gonna be going with plain 15" rotors. No drilling or slotting.

EDIT: And If I decide to get some other than standard brake pads like EBC Yellowstuff, It will be way harder on the calipers and rotors. The amount of dust and heat they kick off is crazy. Just something to think about. I know running non-standard pads on the Brembos or Wilwoods isn't something you generally do, but pad selection is going to be an easier thing with the z06s. Not that its really 'hard' for the BBCs, because you just call and crossrefrence the part number from the BBC maker, but it is easier for the z06s.
Yeah you can’t run “standard pads” on either Brembo or Wilwoods, you run their pads. They do make a couple different compounds but you’re pretty much deciding on street or full-on race applications.A set for all 4 wheels on mine run around $500. For pads. But like I said, I expect to never have to replace them, kind of like the oil on my supercharger, it’s life is rated for 100k miles.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn I forgot what a new one looks like. I got about 5 years out of my wheel and it’s still kicking. Looks like a worn out ice cream cone though. @07Burb turned me onto these things. Much appreciated old friend.
Yeah, they last quite a while. I’ve had some people balk at the $35 price when I’ve suggested they get one and start looking for cheaper knock-offs. I trust 3M and there is some money that I feel I just can’t afford to save.

R3cord303

Posse In Effect
Reaction score
Yeah you can’t run “standard pads” on either Brembo or Wilwoods, you run their pads. They do make a couple different compounds but you’re pretty much deciding on street or full-on race applications.A set for all 4 wheels on mine run around $500. For pads. But like I said, I expect to never have to replace them, kind of like the oil on my supercharger, it’s life is rated for 100k miles.
The OEM pads for z06 calipers are similar in price, not sure what lifetime is on them though. EBC Redstuff is $130 for the front, Yellowstuff is $160. Yellowstuff doesn't last for shit though, even if it does stop real good. I ran Yellow on the S10 and it was awesome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442