What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lowh07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks awesome!!! im not a fan of all the fake wood thats in mine. I like the brushed stainless the vent parts are, thought about seeing if I could match that, or do like you did and match the exterior color

Thanks. I’ve never been a fan of the fake wood... I was going to leave the vents alone initially but thought it might look cleaner all the same color

Geoffsfas10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was the vinyl difficult to work with? thats kinda holding me back...that and the weird height changes on the door panels were the window switches are...seems like a tricky spot for vinyl

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an update for anyone considering mods. Pulling that trailer yesterday. 22’ steel floor car hauler with winch. Before with just a tune it was a labor to pull trailer empty. Now much nicer and when loaded drove like it did without MIT and SLP delete. Amazing how 250 bucks paid off in the truck pulling so much better. I have 3.08 and I am almost satisfied with the towing finally. The resonator delete sounds so nice going down the freeway with a load. 2k rpm just hums so nice. So research mods folks. Do good stuff. And win all around for sure. Happy Saturday guys.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very happy with how the vinyl came out. Still need to do the door trim and maybe steering wheel.

View attachment 236152
I’m giving my first shot at wrap. I started with the door switch bezel but found the area where it bumps up around the switch to cause me problems. I’m thinking more heat might help idk. It’s a weird shape.
upload_2019-12-7_19-50-29.png

Geoffsfas10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m giving my first shot at wrap. I started with the door switch bezel but found the area where it bumps up around the switch to cause me problems. I’m thinking more heat might help idk. It’s a weird shape.
View attachment 236174

those are the pieces that worry me the most about wrapping with those weird little bumps. appears you did a decent job though

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rocket- a heat gun is best. Hair dryers are not hot enough.

Be careful they will melt plastic.
I used a heat gun but was afraid to get it too hot so I barely hit it. I watched some videos though and I think I need to hit it more. I’m gonna try again.
those are the pieces that worry me the most about wrapping with those weird little bumps. appears you did a decent job though
It’s ok, not perfect. Thanks.

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How hard is it to remove the dash parts for wrapping? I'm always worried I'll break tabs off the pieces. I was going to buy a second set to wrap. But if it's low risk, I may just try it with the ones I have.

lowh07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was the vinyl difficult to work with? thats kinda holding me back...that and the weird height changes on the door panels were the window switches are...seems like a tricky spot for vinyl

a heat gun helps. I used Avery and it seems pretty forgiving

View attachment 236174

I’ll be doing those today. Maybe more heat and primer if you have problems with it coming loose

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65