What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Worst part of the trip was I lost the damn heater up front during the trip. Rear blows nice and hot, front is ice cold. I'm praying it isn't a heater core and something simple like a blender door. I tried doing an actuator reset through my Foxwell tool but didn't change a thing.
Sounds maybe like aspirator or blend door actuator, do you have dual climate up front? if one side went cold and other hot then Id suspect actuator, you could always try to raise or lower one side and see if the change makes blend doors move etc... the aspirator may throw them both off if synced up, the passenger has its own sensor in the box i believe.

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds good....mine shows up wednesday :D

Thanks, its just a little rumble over stock, just enough noise to say, "this isn't a soccer moms hauler"

Measure twice, cut once, put the new pipe up next to existing before cutting, verify the pipe will have enough to slide into new and make full seal. 15 minute install with a sawzall and impact...

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check the abs sensor harness it sits right on top of the frame where the rear shock top bolt goes in, it's easy to accidentally unclip the abs harness right there, there is one on each side same location.

As many times as I've mentioned this to other members with the same issues after lowering or lifting, I would be one to do it myself! I was very careful to not disturb the connection, but shit happens with a 10" wobble extension on an impact gun turning a bolt in a blind spot. I lost my steam last night and it's on my to-do list for today.

Geoffsfas10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, its just a little rumble over stock, just enough noise to say, "this isn't a soccer moms hauler"

Measure twice, cut once, put the new pipe up next to existing before cutting, verify the pipe will have enough to slide into new and make full seal. 15 minute install with a sawzall and impact...
Yup thats all I want this time around. Something kinda quiet-ish

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4.4 ohms should be fine. Are you sure you didn’t accidentally disconnect one of the harnesses? Seems to me I did that once, for some reason it seemed like it was easy to do. I don’t remember exactly, but I do remember wondering how the hell I did it.

check the abs sensor harness it sits right on top of the frame where the rear shock top bolt goes in, it's easy to accidentally unclip the abs harness right there, there is one on each side same location.

As many times as I've mentioned this to other members with the same issues after lowering or lifting, I would be one to do it myself! I was very careful to not disturb the connection, but shit happens with a 10" wobble extension on an impact gun turning a bolt in a blind spot. I lost my steam last night and it's on my to-do list for today.

...Yup. That's exactly what it was. When the socket went crazy on that wobble extension in that tight space, it knocked the connector unplugged.

After soldering in the front resistors, the light never came back on.

Today's accomplishments:

A) Fixed ABS and Stabilitrak errors

B) Belltech struts in front set for maximum drop (supposed to be 2") but with .5" spacer on driver side to even out the Chevy lean. OF COURSE, they only dropped about half of what they were supposed to do. Whatever.

C) Mystery coils in rear- dropped exactly one additional inch over the McG coils, so 3.5"

D) Installed front AutoRide delete resistors

E) Topped it all off with some new-to-me shoes :D

Although I didn't get the amount of drop I was planning, I'm very happy with the stance. There's now only 1/8" difference side-to-side and the rear has a slight rake being 3/4" higher. More importantly, it rides and handles much better than expected. The mystery coils feel very much like stock, if not a hair softer and the shocks seem to compliment it well. I wanted it to ride softer but not feel too loose, and I feel I got what I wanted. I don't feel any odd steering dynamics, it feels pretty much like what I'm used to. As expected, I have some inner fender modding to do to stop the rubbing when turning, but I can catch that some other day. Currently tweaking the alignment to get it as good as I can to minimize the tire wear before I drive it to a shop.

...Pics later.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
...Yup. That's exactly what it was. When the socket went crazy on that wobble extension in that tight space, it knocked the connector unplugged.

Today's accomplishments:

B) Belltech struts in front set for maximum drop (supposed to be 2") but with .5" spacer on driver side to even out the Chevy lean. OF COURSE, they only dropped about half of what they were supposed to do. Whatever.

C) Mystery coils in rear- dropped exactly one additional inch over the McG coils, so 3.5"

Although I didn't get the amount of drop I was planning, I'm very happy with the stance. There's now only 1/8" difference side-to-side and the rear has a slight rake being 3/4" higher. More importantly, it rides and handles much better than expected. The mystery coils feel very much like stock, if not a hair softer and the shocks seem to compliment it well. I wanted it to ride softer but not feel too loose, and I feel I got what I wanted. I don't feel any odd steering dynamics, it feels pretty much like what I'm used to. As expected, I have some inner fender modding to do to stop the rubbing when turning, but I can catch that some other day. Currently tweaking the alignment to get it as good as I can to minimize the tire wear before I drive it to a shop.

...Pics later.

Maybe there is less gravity where you are???

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Today's accomplishments:

...Pics later.
Sounds just right! Too bad I can’t see it.. I have to imagine.. [emoji2959]

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stock:
IMG_4887.JPG

1.5/2.5 drop:
IMG_4917.JPG

3.25/4:
IMG_4935.JPG

RST wheels:
IMG_4937.JPG

The RST wheels were a bit of an impulse due to the price. They're not my first choice, but they were (mostly) black, had decent tires, TPMS sensors, lug nuts and they were a few miles from my house. Living where I do, nobody would have an RST, much less a modded one. So I considered it fate. Plus there's a little coolness factor having wheels from a factory performance model. They'll do for now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz

Latest posts