What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Well, you must be right. Let it run for about 10-15 minutes and shut it off. Went back out to start it again and it's dead. Guess I'm buying another battery today......fml.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, you must be right. Let it run for about 10-15 minutes and shut it off. Went back out to start it again and it's dead. Guess I'm buying another battery today......fml.
you don't have a charger? might take a while to charge if it was ded dead

R3cord303

Posse In Effect
Reaction score
So out of curiosity, how does this battery drain in 11 days, yet batteries sit on the shelf for months and will start right up. Is there really that much of a trickle running in the vehicle? I guess the alarm, but I wouldn't think that would be enough to drain it that quick
Paracitic draw of some flavor. CAN bus, alarm, phone charger left plugged in, could be anything.

On my S10- i had to go to the mechanic three different times before he found all of them. The last time I actually found out the biggest draw was the ‘you left your key in the ignition’ switch inside the ignition cylinder was super worn out and at random times throughout the night it would just start going ‘DING DING DING DING’ for hours on end- and I only found out after i got home one afternoon, and had the door open, key in hand, headlights off, and it was still chiming. If your battery is in good shape- you have draws somewhere.

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Paracitic draw of some flavor. CAN bus, alarm, phone charger left plugged in, could be anything.

On my S10- i had to go to the mechanic three different times before he found all of them. The last time I actually found out the biggest draw was the ‘you left your key in the ignition’ switch inside the ignition cylinder was super worn out and at random times throughout the night it would just start going ‘DING DING DING DING’ for hours on end- and I only found out after i got home one afternoon, and had the door open, key in hand, headlights off, and it was still chiming. If your battery is in good shape- you have draws somewhere.
I'll take it to AutoZone or advance and see what they say.

I'll look into charger/jumpers to keep on hand either way.

I made sure I unplugged everything besides the stock radio so I should be ok in that retrospect.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright, do you have a charger you would recommend I get?
anything really I like the old school shumacher's, I bet if you poked around on offer up you could pick one up pretty reasonable, I wouldn't worry about there being any new issue's cropped up, it's just that time of year and it sat for several days the alarm alone could kill it if it was already weak.