What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Drove to one of the autobody places here and got a quote on tint for the drivers/passenger windows, an eyebrow across the top, and blackout on the sunroof. $345 for ceramic tint that’ll block all the UVA and UVB which will go on the eyebrow on windshield and drivers/passenger windows, and the darkest stuff they have on the sunroof. Issue I’m having with sunroof is I can’t have the shade open without being blinded if its anytime after 9:30 or so because of how tall I am.

Also got a quote on replacing the rear glass because the guy that detailed the vehicle right after I got it broke off one of the rear defrost wires, and those can’t really be fixed with good results. Soooo a $95 detail that I didn’t even want is going to cost me $700.

Not sure where you are located but that seems high to me for the tint.

As a comparison I had the entire windshield done in 70% ceramic film with an 8" 5% strip at the top and both front doors done in 18% to match the rear tint on the Burb and they charged me $195 total... that was $125 for the entire windshield and $70 for the door windows. If I would have had them do the rest of the rear windows in the 70% ceramic, just to block more heat, it would have been another $150.

Just FYI... you may want to shop around a bit.

This was Hüper Optik (German made) ceramic film with a lifetime warranty by the way.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve been to three different shops asking if they had luck with just repairing the tabs and none of them said that they had good success rates with repairs.
I fixed mine with Frostfighter 3 years ago, it’s still fine. I feel it makes them better and stronger that when they’re new. I tried everything else first and they always fell off. This stuff is an electrically conducting epoxy that you can not only reattach the tab, but if you’ve attempted a fix with the other junk out there and destroyed the pad that the tab attaches to, it can make a new pad too. Or if there’s a couple of the lines that are broken somewhere it can fix those too. Try it. You’ll fix the tab and then be another happy customer. If it makes you feel better afterwards, you can send me and @HiHoeSilver $300 apiece lmao. ;)

R3cord303

Posse In Effect
Reaction score
Not sure where you are located but that seems high to me for the tint.

As a comparison I had the entire windshield done in 70% ceramic film with an 8" 5% strip at the top and both front doors done in 18% to match the rear tint on the Burb and they charged me $195 total... that was $125 for the entire windshield and $70 for the door windows. If I would have had them do the rest of the rear windows in the 70% ceramic, just to block more heat, it would have been another $150.

Just FYI... you may want to shop around a bit.

This was Hüper Optik (German made) ceramic film with a lifetime warranty by the way.
It would be $240 for the non ceramic tint. Its an additional $120 to use the ceramic that blocks the UV A/B which is what I’m after. They’re the only people I’d want to use in town. They took $20 off because I’m having it all done at once.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m getting into the habit of starting the truck w/ a/c off.

I don't see how that would make a difference. The problem is when the compressor is first engaged, regardless if it's immediately after the engine is started or if the engine has already been running. Modern, computer-controlled A/C systems don't engage the compressor clutch until after the engine is started. So the old school idea of turning the A/C off before starting the engine to reduce starter load is irrelevant.

Doug118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would be $240 for the non ceramic tint. Its an additional $120 to use the ceramic that blocks the UV A/B which is what I’m after. They’re the only people I’d want to use in town. They took $20 off because I’m having it all done at once.

that’s insanely cheap. I paid $600 to get my entire suburban done, including windshield. Non-ceramic. But I know the guy who did it and it came out flawless so I’m not mad at the pride I paid

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score

If your happy that's all that matters... maybe that is the going price where you are located.

Here in FL there are tint shops on every corner it seems like... so maybe they have to be more competitive in price to compete.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157