What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Well not today, but last night I updated the radio nav software to version 1200.

This fixed a problem with downloading nav directions to the vehicle using the MyGMC app and also added the Road Learning option to the nav unit and fixed DVD resumed playback on ignition cycle.

This update used the TIS2Web and the Tech2 in pass-thru mode but installed the software on a usb drive connected to the pc. You then plug the usb drive into the radio usb port and turn on the vehicle and it starts the update on the screen.

The usb drive can be used on other vehicles needing this update without using Tech2 or TIS2Web.

Update info is contained in GM service bulletin PI0816

Effected vehicles are 2012 - 2013 models built prior to September 24, 2012 with RPO UYS

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well not today, but last night I updated the radio nav software to version 1200.

This fixed a problem with downloading nav directions to the vehicle using the MyGMC app and also added the Road Learning option to the nav unit and fixed DVD resumed playback on ignition cycle.

This update used the TIS2Web and the Tech2 in pass-thru mode but installed the software on a usb drive connected to the pc. You then plug the usb drive into the radio usb port and turn on the vehicle and it starts the update on the screen.

The usb drive can be used on other vehicles needing this update without using Tech2 or TIS2Web.

Effected vehicles are 2012 - 2013 models built prior to September 24, 2012 with RPO UYS

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL

That's really cool Tom, good to know.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Did this just update the software for the radio?

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL

Pretty cool. Tell me more about what I could do with the MyGMC app on my ‘13 XL Denali.

Now if we can figure out a way to update the NAV data base like this instead of getting a DVD, that would be awesome!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought that was for sale? Why not switch off, 1 week for the Honda and 3 for the Tahoe? LOL

I know it costs more to operate but I love driving my truck everywhere and anywhere.
Agreed. That’s why I DD The Beast and I don’t care what it costs. YOLO as they say, no sense spending a bunch of your life in a vehicle you don’t love. Maybe get a canopy and battery tender for the Tahoe and drive it a couple times a week? My Silverado stays under cover.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, I sold the 08 accord and bought a cpo 17 accord for daily duties, i like 35 mpg vs 17 mpg and the hoe was taking a beating and mileage was racking up with my 140 (there and back) commute.

I drive the tahoe on weekends and the wife dd’s the Denali.

I just don’t like that it’s sitting outside, she was a garage queen for 6 yrs.... and i like getting in/out of my car in the garage..... no heat, cold, rain or snow to deal with.....

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed. That’s why I DD The Beast and I don’t care what it costs. YOLO as they say, no sense spending a bunch of your life in a vehicle you don’t love. Maybe get a canopy and battery tender for the Tahoe and drive it a couple times a week? My Silverado stays under cover.
Believe me i loved driving that truck to/from but I felt bad because she was taking a beating .... she done gets drove on da weekend tho...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Speardog