What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Drove to northern michigan today. FIRST trip w the new to me Denali. Drives Great....EATS GAS.... compared to my Duramax 14mpg vs 20 on the diesel.

Oh well... I knew it was going to... at 80 mph its always in v8 mode.

Do I really need Premium?

91 octane is recommended by GM. You can run less in a pinch, but the motor will be down on power due to the knock sensor pulling timing, it would feel like you had a 5.3l...lol.

That being said, during our spring break trip from STL to NOLA, then to Destin, on the way home from Destin in rural Alabama I needed gas. I usually run E85 or 93 octane, but the stations I came across only had 89 octane as the highest. I filled up and it ran fine, but I wasn't towing or driving it like a racecar.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
That is slick that those work way the hell back to 99 model year. I may grab one for my 07 because my damn remote start button doesn't work and it feels like I gotta be 5 feet away from the truck for it to work.
Gonna sound weird, but put your remote under your chin, right against it, and push the button like that. Coworker told me about it once and it works. Much farther distance.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gonna sound weird, but put your remote under your chin, right against it, and push the button like that. Coworker told me about it once and it works. Much farther distance.
Don’t forget to lift your left foot up and put your left hand to your forehead like you’re saluting. Even better distance.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
91 octane is recommended by GM. You can run less in a pinch, but the motor will be down on power due to the knock sensor pulling timing, it would feel like you had a 5.3l...lol.

That being said, during our spring break trip from STL to NOLA, then to Destin, on the way home from Destin in rural Alabama I needed gas. I usually run E85 or 93 octane, but the stations I came across only had 89 octane as the highest. I filled up and it ran fine, but I wasn't towing or driving it like a racecar.
Jersey doesn't sell ethanol, but I saw this.20190722_075134.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan