What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wendal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what are the best spark plugs for our trucks? I figure I'll do the plugs and wires when I do the headers, since I watched a couple of videos on the subject...

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
So what are the best spark plugs for our trucks? I figure I'll do the plugs and wires when I do the headers, since I watched a couple of videos on the subject...

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

I would suggest going back with the AC Delco Iridium plugs... that's what I did.

Hard to argue with a 100,000 mile plug.

Hillbilly4460

Reaction score
Havent been on in a while, and havent made much progress with any mods yet due to life. But I did get out and do a full detail on the Tahoe today.

I bought a bunch of products from Chemical Guys, and finally got to use them.
Wash- CG Honeydew
Sealant- CG Whitelight
Wax- CG Liquid Wax
Used CG V07 on top of those and wheels
Interior- CG Silkshine (love this stuff)
Leather- CG Leather cleaner, then CG Leather Conditioner.
I think the results were pretty good.

20190703_161904.jpg 20190703_161926.jpg 20190703_162004.jpg 20190703_162025.jpg 20190703_161817.jpg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Havent been on in a while, and havent made much progress with any mods yet due to life. But I did get out and do a full detail on the Tahoe today.

I bought a bunch of products from Chemical Guys, and finally got to use them.
Wash- CG Honeydew
Sealant- CG Whitelight
Wax- CG Liquid Wax
Used CG V07 on top of those and wheels
Interior- CG Silkshine (love this stuff)
Leather- CG Leather cleaner, then CG Leather Conditioner.
I think the results were pretty good.

View attachment 226048 View attachment 226050 View attachment 226052 View attachment 226053 View attachment 226054
They do make good stuff. I just switched to their Honeydew wash soap and it’s great plus I consider it a good value since it’s so concentrated that I don’t use much, plus I recently bought their stain extractor which worked great. I bought a gallon of Silk Shine a long time ago and it works great on plastics and vinyl. It’s great stuff lol.

Hillbilly4460

Reaction score
They do make good stuff. I just switched to their Honeydew wash soap and it’s great plus I consider it a good value since it’s so concentrated that I don’t use much, plus I recently bought their stain extractor which worked great. I bought a gallon of Silk Shine a long time ago and it works great on plastics and vinyl. It’s great stuff lol.

I love the SilkShine. When I run out of this bottle, I'll order the gallon of it.

B2sdad

Reaction score
Interesting thought, but I don't really see how that could be happening. With the drop spindles, none of the suspension angles change really. Only the axle angle (if AWD/4WD). You're simply moving the wheel bearing/hub up 2". I had my alignment checked after installing them and it was still dead on.

The only thing I've read about the McGaughy's spindles is that you lose a little full lock turning radius, which can be easily remedied by grinding down a little material off the spindle.

Don't think that's related to what I'm experiencing though as the issue isn't happening when only at full lock.

I suppose my three potential courses of action right now are....

1. Try to get access to a Tech2 (or similar) scanner that can read/record the individual sensors data to target which corner is the culprit, then go from there.
2. Throw another set of wheel bearings/hubs on it and cross my fingers it wasn't wasted money.
3. Put the factory spindles back on, deal with the embarrassment of the "squatted" look for a few hours, drive around, see if the problem is gone.

I am going through the same thing at the moment with my Suburban, I chose the Beltech 2/4 drop. I've since swapped out the rear sensors, (No Joy) I have new front sensors, but before I throw anymore parts at it, I need to find someone near me with a Tech 2 scanner to actually see if we can pinpoint the problem.

DaRosa218

The Dude abides
Reaction score
Replaced driver side exhaust manifold gasket, fixed one of two snapped exhaust manifold bolts as I couldn't fix the very rear bolt that snapped even with the head. Purchased the Dorman 917-107 kit and took care of the problem. No more exhaust leaks and found that my PCV grommet was torn; replaced and runs a lot smoother. Greased all front suspension components that required it, should be ready for a summers worth of towing and camping :)

View attachment 226950

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cpellegrino