What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have a buddy with a waste oil heater in his shop that I usually give my old oil to in the fall. I have 4 vehicles, so it's quite a bit of oil. I usually transfer from the pan back into the 5 gallon jugs using a funnel, to store this oil to give to him. These valves eliminates that step, as I can drain right into a jug.

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
I have a buddy with a waste oil heater in his shop that I usually give my old oil to in the fall. I have 4 vehicles, so it's quite a bit of oil. I usually transfer from the pan back into the 5 gallon jugs using a funnel, to store this oil to give to him. These valves eliminates that step, as I can drain right into a jug.

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
This, I just give the used oil to whatever auto parts store I'm close to. It's gonna be nice to just put it directly into the 5gal jug

R3cord303

Posse In Effect
Reaction score
Hahaha I always just let the filter drop in the oil. I get it out when I pour the oil back in the jug. I don't use a standard pan though, I have a low height old storage tote that I use.
I used my Grandads old brownie pan. It was perfect! Held 7 or so quarts but I forgot it outside after cleaning it and it rusted all to shit

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t know, dont you guys were rubber gloves? Maybe because i get them free but i go through 4-5 per oil change....maybe im too old but i can’t be bothered anymore with cleaning oil and grease from my hands and nails....:shrug:

Gloves! Even my girls turn their noses up to gloves, we use shop towels! Scattered all over the place, soaked through in the pan... LOL

The sealed oil drain tray was put on top of a cooler as we were going to drain it the next day. Well, our neighborhood racoon, used it as a step to get on top of the garbage and knocked it over and spilled 16 quarts of oil down the driveway! Good thing we had 40 pounds of "oil dry" on hand to clean that mess up. His days are numbered now, no more grace! Daniel Boone, I'm going to have a new hat soon!

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t know, dont you guys were rubber gloves? Maybe because i get them free but i go through 4-5 per oil change....maybe im too old but i can’t be bothered anymore with cleaning oil and grease from my hands and nails....:shrug:
I use nitrile gloves when doing an oil change :Handshake:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What did we do to our NNBS today? Drove it! 2WD on the highway into 4LO in the soft sand on Daytona Beach and 4HI running through the surf at high tide. Fun stuff!

Still averaged 14 mpg on that tank, 5 hours idling, over 40 miles of 4WD operation at 10mph or less, love this truck.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are plenty of great reasons for buying a $50 drain plug. I particularly like the tool-less oil change and being able to drain directly to the jug you transport it in benefits. I'm actually a little bummed that it's not sensible for me to join the bandwagon. I change the oil in my Tahoe once, maybe twice a year so it's not a priority.

However, I'd happily drop $50 on a solution for changing the oil filter with no dripping involved. My current method is crack it loose then wrap it in a couple plastic grocery bags before removing it. It's almost a 100% clean method. Really, as long as I let mine drain for, I could just pop a hole in the bottom of it and drain it before removal. Maybe I'll start doing that.

Oh, @Galante , the thicker (6 mil?) nitrile gloves from Harbor Freight really impressed me. I used maybe 4-6 pairs for an engine removal, internal scrubbing and reinstallation. They survived lots of sharp points, scrubs, wire brushing, etc.

Reaction score
$50!!??

These things cost $25-30, which ones are $50?.... Lol

As for the oil filter, I learned long ago on my 2001 to just punch a hole in the bottom of it and let it drain for a few minutes before removing it

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL

R3cord303

Posse In Effect
Reaction score
I didn't see this message- I grab a box of the disposable latex free blue ones they use at medical offices and keep them in the vehicle at all times. Handy for a medical emergency and for oil changes!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos