What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by phattyford, Aug 26, 2012.

1. R3cord303

R3cord303 American Capitalist

Name:
    Allen
    I do too. I also however enjoy using normal drain plugs, and also seem to have a habit of dropping the oil filter in the full drain pan.

Rocket Man and Tonyrodz like this.
  2. Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz Resident resident

Name:
    Tony
    I do that sometimes too. Isn't it the best when you get splashed with the dirty oil too :mad:!

swathdiver and R3cord303 like this.
  3. CHOO CHOO

CHOO CHOO BackPagePhil

Name:
    Phil
    Hahaha I always just let the filter drop in the oil. I get it out when I pour the oil back in the jug. I don't use a standard pan though, I have a low height old storage tote that I use.

4. the_tool_man

the_tool_man Full Access Member

Name:
    John
    Link:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D9G7TSX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I don't care one way or the other about getting oil on my hands. I already have to crawl under the truck, so dirty hands happen anyway. I got it because where I change my oil (the only level spot in my driveway at the house) is about 200 feet from my shop, where the tools are. Tool-free oil changes will be nice.

I am wondering how much longer it will take to drain, as the discharge opening in the valve is pretty small. But I can always find something else to do while I'm waiting, I guess.

Sam Harris likes this.
  5. gooffeyguy

gooffeyguy Full Access Member

Name:
    Tom
    For those of you that do oil analysis, a drain valve makes getting a sample clean and easy at anytime

2001 Yukon SLT
    2012 Yukon Denali XL
    2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

6. Galante

Galante Supporting Member

Name:
    Pete
    I don’t know, dont you guys were rubber gloves? Maybe because i get them free but i go through 4-5 per oil change....maybe im too old but i can’t be bothered anymore with cleaning oil and grease from my hands and nails....:shrug:

7. gooffeyguy

gooffeyguy Full Access Member

Name:
    Tom
    I have a buddy with a waste oil heater in his shop that I usually give my old oil to in the fall. I have 4 vehicles, so it's quite a bit of oil. I usually transfer from the pan back into the 5 gallon jugs using a funnel, to store this oil to give to him. These valves eliminates that step, as I can drain right into a jug.

2001 Yukon SLT
    2012 Yukon Denali XL
    2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Sam Harris and R3cord303 like this.
  8. CHOO CHOO

CHOO CHOO BackPagePhil

Name:
    Phil
    This, I just give the used oil to whatever auto parts store I'm close to. It's gonna be nice to just put it directly into the 5gal jug

9. R3cord303

R3cord303 American Capitalist

Name:
    Allen
    I used my Grandads old brownie pan. It was perfect! Held 7 or so quarts but I forgot it outside after cleaning it and it rusted all to shit

10. swathdiver

swathdiver Full Access Member

Name:
    James
    Gloves! Even my girls turn their noses up to gloves, we use shop towels! Scattered all over the place, soaked through in the pan... LOL

The sealed oil drain tray was put on top of a cooler as we were going to drain it the next day. Well, our neighborhood racoon, used it as a step to get on top of the garbage and knocked it over and spilled 16 quarts of oil down the driveway! Good thing we had 40 pounds of "oil dry" on hand to clean that mess up. His days are numbered now, no more grace! Daniel Boone, I'm going to have a new hat soon!