What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the thickest sway bars you can get on these trucks but generally no, those only help in corners... That's why they make sway bar disconnects and most drag guys don't use them at all. To an extent they might help with twist in the rear but not in my situation. The front tires are coming off the ground, I need to limit the suspension travel up front and stiffen up the rebound and stiffen the compression in the rear. It doesn't help that I'm lowered and have not done the free travel mod. I'm running a spacer in my rear right now so my springs are pretty much compressed/bound up and I'm hitting the bump stops. Bags inside the springs would help though. I have them just haven't had to time install them and plan to when I swap my rear springs out. Will probably add adjustable shocks at that time.
what kind of sway bars does someone make bigger ones than hellwig?

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok I'm *********** this one mostly but what about traction bars? (just curious)

Traction/slapper bars are for leaf springs. Our trucks use upper and lower control arms and a panhard bar. Doesn't apply here...

what kind of sway bars does someone make bigger ones than hellwig?

I'm using DJM Bars I got from @NORCAL SS . The rear bar is 1.13" and solid instead of hollow like Hotchkis and Eibach. I'm not sure about the Hellwig, I know they are 1 1/4" rear but pretty sure they are hollow. Front is hollow 1.5" on the Hellwig, same as the DJM/Calmax...

Last edited:

shreksbrother

Full Access Member
Reaction score
* sigh *

Looks like I found myself another project on the Tahoe today...

131k motor mount failure.

Sent from my Galaxy Note9 using Tapatalk

shreksbrother

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sux. Going with the Hummer mounts?
I'm not sure... I only found it because I was trying to isolate a slightly rough idle in drive with my foot on the brake. I did all the usual tune up suspects and still have it...

I understand the Hummer one is more hearty, but isn't also more solid (meaning feeling the engine more)?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure... I only found it because I was trying to isolate a slightly rough idle in drive with my foot on the brake. I did all the usual tune up suspects and still have it...

I understand the Hummer one is more hearty, but isn't also more solid (meaning feeling the engine more)?

I think the jury is still out on that.

I thought the PPV/SSV had the solid mounts as original equipment. Besides, even if there's a little more vibes transmitted, it'll only be at idle unless your engine is missing while driving. I'd rather feel that than have to baby it for fear of tearing the new hydraulic mounts so soon.

Hi-psi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced the thermostat...

This is how they're suppose to look right? :eek:

44043455_609234056160945_412021044543488000_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn

Latest posts