What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just replaced the ones on my glass. Same thing- I started to really notice that I had to lift the glass to get it all the way up. Now it does it automatically. I’m one of the few who actually use the rear glass. That way, the dog can stay safely inside while I load smallish things in the back.
I would use mine more, but there's something going on with the latch mechanism where I have to fiddle with it many times to get it to stay shut. I don't think the spring is working, because pressing the button opens the catch, but it won't close when shutting the glass. I haven't taken it apart though. The OEM piece is spendy.

Last week I opened it to clean after a wash, knowing what a PITA it is, and it took me 10 minutes f'ing with it to get it shut completely. Gah!

ncalvo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would use mine more, but there's something going on with the latch mechanism where I have to fiddle with it many times to get it to stay shut. I don't think the spring is working, because pressing the button opens the catch, but it won't close when shutting the glass. I haven't taken it apart though. The OEM piece is spendy.

Last week I opened it to clean after a wash, knowing what a PITA it is, and it took me 10 minutes f'ing with it to get it shut completely. Gah!
It may be your button that is the issue.
I did a 2minute fix to mine, adding a piece of cut tubing to act as a backstop so the button doesn't get caught in the IN position.
Sometimes it would stick in the in position and when I went to shut it doesn't latch shut, I would have to use a soft fist and bang on the liftgate to get the button to pop back out then it would latch shut.

Youtube vid for this.. Go to minute 2:30

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did a 2minute fix to mine, adding a piece of cut tubing to act as a backstop so the button doesn't get caught in the IN position.
Sometimes it would stick in the in position and when I went to shut it doesn't latch shut, I would have to use a soft fist and bang on the liftgate to get the button to pop back out then it would latch shut.

Great fix! Thanks for sharing.

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the video. Unfortunately, my button is fine - doesn't stay pushed in like in the vid. Even tested it while vehicle locked as in the video. The piece of metal that acts as a catch doesn't work properly. It opens perfectly, but stays open. I can push it closed with my finger but that prevents the glass from closing. If I get the metal piece "nearly closed" I can sometimes get the glass to catch properly and held closed. Piece in question identified by red arrow:

15808595.jpg

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lobbed an offer on eBay for some K5L 700w (9/7 blade) e-fans and it was accepted. Recently did the conversion to 7/5 blade from clutch and i guess my arrogance thought I needed more!

Will hopefully give me motivation to install my Mechman that's been sitting on the shelf until I can figure out the wiring situation.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Lobbed an offer on eBay for some K5L 700w (9/7 blade) e-fans and it was accepted. Recently did the conversion to 7/5 blade from clutch and i guess my arrogance thought I needed more!

Will hopefully give me motivation to install my Mechman that's been sitting on the shelf until I can figure out the wiring situation.

You, sir, will never be satisfied! ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne