What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love my Webers!
I have a Weber that uses propane to light the charcoal, can’t remember the model name but it’s about 15 years old. I recently bought a new igniter and have replaced the racks and charcoal baskets a few times. It’s got a thermometer in the lid and I can cook direct or indirect easily. It’s perfect for me. I grill a couple times a week, year round.
Edit: oh, and I washed The Beast today.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    404 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    360.4 KB · Views: 6

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have a Tech 2, so I can check the valve response to open/close commands.
I haven't had time to pull it out and test yet.

Purge valve is new. Never had problems filling the tank. Even after the pressure build-up last night, I was able to fill the tank OK.

At least I know the cap is not the issue! If it can hold back that amount of pressure, it sure isn't loose or not able to seal tightly...

You could monitor the fuel tank pressure, too, with the Tech 2. It should be at atmosphere (no pressure or vacuum) with engine off. At that point the canister vent valve should be open to allow warming fuel to not pressurize the fuel tank. The fuel tank pressure will go to the canister first as fumes, then out the vent valve.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a Weber that uses propane to light the charcoal, can’t remember the model name but it’s about 15 years old. I recently bought a new igniter and have replaced the racks and charcoal baskets a few times. It’s got a thermometer in the lid and I can cook direct or indirect easily. It’s perfect for me. I grill a couple times a week, year round.
Edit: oh, and I washed The Beast today.
Very nice! Best of both worlds there. That’s a Weber Performer. The same one I advised my sis to buy my BIL for a gift years ago.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice! Best of both worlds there. That’s a Weber Performer. The same one I advised my sis to buy my BIL for a gift years ago.
Since we're still way off-topic and seems to be a lull in action with the trucks...

I'll vouch for Weber. I got a Genesis II Special edition. From what I read, it was the last model still being made in the USA. It has needed nothing but LP gas and a replacement cover since since I bought it.

Just so happens it was 10 years ago yesterday that I bought it!

I know that, because I was at the local Agway garden shop when the TV they had on was interrupted by breaking news from Boston... The Boston Marathon bombing.

I knew people working public safety/EMS at the event, which was only 90 minutes down the turnpike. We all gathered around the TV by the counter and just stood there totally stunned and outraged someone could do such a thing!

I'll never forget!

Last edited:

Jobi-Wan Kenobi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After months working on my Tahoe I'm finally coming to a point of actually being able to drive it. Before Christmas I got the headliner out for it to be recovered. It took my dad a little while to get it dropped off somewhere to have the work done then waited a while because the material was on backorder. We finally got it back at the beginning of last month to find out (after the starting to install it) that the opening for the sunroof was done right. Ultimately we ended up deciding to completely redo it again and the guy that did it came to my parents place to do the job and then help get it back in so the sunroof opening could be properly done. So that was yesterday. I got there about 10:30 and it took us most of the day to get it back in there and get the interior reassembled. Afterwards my dad and I dropped it off at another guys place to have some body panels replaced. So theoretically now I can be driving it in the next couple weeks.

Here it is at my parents place before we left.

Attachments

• received_118651881196215.jpeg
    received_118651881196215.jpeg
    362 KB · Views: 7

clandr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I sucked out the old power steering fluid from the reservoir, refilled it with new fluid, jacked it up, and did a series of lock to lock turns and brake pedal pumps to try to get as much of the old stuff out as possible. Over the next few weeks I'll be tackling the brake fluid and coolant, but not because of any issues - just normal maintenance.

CJ Rodarme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally starting to work on this thing again after not doing much for about a year. Switched from my 22x12 American Forces on 33" Toyo's to a set of 22x10 Fuels on 35" M/Ts, really happy with the look and a lot more practical for what I do. Trying to keep polished wheels clean while driving to my buddy's farm every week proved to be a little too difficult lol. I also put my 3rd row in for the first time in over 5 years, looking into either making or buying a box to run three of my four SA12's behind the rear seats. I need to do something about my rear lift. It seemed to sit decently high when I installed it three years ago, but in the last 6-8 months it has started to sag significantly, seemed to start when I swapped my OE sized shocks with extenders for Bilstiens with no extenders. I'm wondering if a set of z71 springs would be sufficient to give me more of a leveled look, I currently am running 3" coil spacers. Any leads to a thread that would help with that would be greatly appreciated, I looked around a little bit but didn't find much. The front end is sitting high in the pic from not being settled after switching but I'm looking to gain somewhere around 1.5-2". Got some new DS18 rear door speakers on the way this week too!

IMG_9285.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xay2Smoove