What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did some front end work today. new tie rods idler arm and bracket. the pitman arm i quickly figured out i lacked the tools to get the nut off even. and ive got no idea how you'd even get the puller in place as theres no real room.

so ill have the local shop here change that out, then off for new tires and an alignment. good thing im off for winter so dont really need to go anywhere. fact it was 50 degrees here today was the only reason it got done today. had the box of parts for over 2 months now. failed to find the time till now.

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I'd be using a small soldering iron on the circuit boards, maybe a 15-25 watt pencil iron. The gun shown is way too bulky and unwieldy, and could burn the board too easily. I use an Antex Precision that's about 30 years old but is great for small stuff like this, with a chisel tip.

The last pic -- the headlight bulb -- just pushes in and twists (after the other is out). No soldering required.
Is the complete assembly the only option for the headlight switch bulb??

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is the complete assembly the only option for the headlight switch bulb??

I don't doubt that someone has replaced just the bulb, but I think it's pretty standard to buy it in one piece. This firm has most, if not all, of the dash bulbs, and I've used them for the 4x4 switch and headlight switch backlighting. I'm not sure about other people's experience, but the blue filters that are on the existing bulbs are about impossible to remove without tearing them, so it's best to get the bulbs with the filter installed, or convert to LEDs. YMMV

I need to do my AUTO HVAC control now, since my snowflake light is out. Was hoping to pull an HVAC control from something at UPull (for experimental purposes) but haven't found one yet.

Last edited:

Keviebear86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so this may be a bit of a stretch, but if I were to piece together a supercharger set up for my 2006 Tahoe...who or where do I need to direct my questions to. I may have had a new source of income and I want to put it to good use lol. Happy New Years folks!

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok so this may be a bit of a stretch, but if I were to piece together a supercharger set up for my 2006 Tahoe...who or where do I need to direct my questions to. I may have had a new source of income and I want to put it to good use lol. Happy New Years folks!
I’d be looking at a Whipple, or there are full LSA kits as well from Boost District. Those kits look pretty awesome IMHO. But if you can afford it, you can get a lot more boost from a larger Whipple. Are you looking for a source for parts..? Someone to build you a solution..? Do you need someone to take a built 6.0 off your hands..? :naughty:

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d be looking at a Whipple, or there are full LSA kits as well from Boost District. Those kits look pretty awesome IMHO. But if you can afford it, you can get a lot more boost from a larger Whipple. Are you looking for a source for parts..? Someone to build you a solution..? Do you need someone to take a built 6.0 off your hands..? :naughty:
adding boost has a few factors involved. like a stock bottom end id not put more then 8-10 psi to it. and the base blower units are going to be able to make more psi than that. unless you do a forged bottom end, then 20 plus all day, but then the tranny cant handle that much power. also need larger injectors and maybe a boost a pump or larger fuel pump. and of course the tuning.

as an example of how much can be gained off lower boost, my camaro makes 6.5 psi. cam and headers it made 450 whp. with the blower its got 600 whp. 10-12 psi with meth and or corn id hit 700 whp.

just remember the 4l60 tranny is a pos on stock HP, so you may want to do a 80e up grade as well. or at at least plan for it.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
adding boost has a few factors involved. like a stock bottom end id not put more then 8-10 psi to it. and the base blower units are going to be able to make more psi than that. unless you do a forged bottom end, then 20 plus all day, but then the tranny cant handle that much power. also need larger injectors and maybe a boost a pump or larger fuel pump. and of course the tuning.

as an example of how much can be gained off lower boost, my camaro makes 6.5 psi. cam and headers it made 450 whp. with the blower its got 600 whp. 10-12 psi with meth and or corn id hit 700 whp.

just remember the 4l60 tranny is a pos on stock HP, so you may want to do a 80e up grade as well. or at at least plan for it.
That is a badass Camaro @Scottydoggs.

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
did some front end work today. new tie rods idler arm and bracket. the pitman arm i quickly figured out i lacked the tools to get the nut off even. and ive got no idea how you'd even get the puller in place as theres no real room.

so ill have the local shop here change that out, then off for new tires and an alignment. good thing im off for winter so dont really need to go anywhere. fact it was 50 degrees here today was the only reason it got done today. had the box of parts for over 2 months now. failed to find the time till now.
Loosen the steering box bolts, just loosen not remove, this gives more clearance

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score

So, what you’re telling me, is since I got my level 3 Performabuilt trans, I’ll need to run 10-12 psi, on my stock 230k bottom end, in order to reuse the fresh, new heads and cam on a billet 366cu in block, with forged rotating assembly..?

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, what you’re telling me, is since I got my level 3 Performabuilt trans, I’ll need to run 10-12 psi, on my stock 230k bottom end, in order to reuse the fresh, new heads and cam on a billet 366cu in block, with forged rotating assembly..?
blow it up then lol then after the goodies i say let her eat, if you can run e85, run it. if not run meth injection, now we can kill the 10 bolt rear lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tomcoop

Latest posts