What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Teamiez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with a Reman unit from AZ... The supplier is BBB industries and they arent in the business of supplying junk to all the parts houses. Everyone touting those redhead steering gears and the blue tops, but I found as much negative reviews on their products. My unit been on since Early this year and I havent had a single issue, leak, noise or squeal. That mofo was heavy as heck installing it with one hand while hand starting the bolts with the other.

If it doesn’t develop play in 3-6 thousand miles consider your self a very lucky and happy person!

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you think it could do all 4 tires on 1 charge? Sux they only give you 1 battery.
survey says, yes it will do all 4 wheels off and on. i failed to check the power level before starting, but when done it was one bar low, i also charged it a month ago and have just left it sitting there.

i like it. oh and for the record the HF 3 ton rapid jack will lift both wheels off the ground on one side of the truck.

all my calipers move freely, hubs are tight up front, lots of pad meat left. no idea why im getting this squeal yet, only does it once they warm up some. all rotors look new. pads and rotors only have like 6k on them. r1 e line with ceramic pads.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
survey says, yes it will do all 4 wheels off and on. i failed to check the power level before starting, but when done it was one bar low, i also charged it a month ago and have just left it sitting there.

i like it. oh and for the record the HF 3 ton rapid jack will lift both wheels off the ground on one side of the truck.

all my calipers move freely, hubs are tight up front, lots of pad meat left. no idea why im getting this squeal yet, only does it once they warm up some. all rotors look new. pads and rotors only have like 6k on them. r1 e line with ceramic pads.
Maybe just dust? Also its been raining alot, so if it sits the rotors will get rusty, until you drive it. Maybe you have a little rust build up?
Btw--I have that jack in aluminum, it's great!

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe just dust? Also its been raining alot, so if it sits the rotors will get rusty, until you drive it. Maybe you have a little rust build up?
Btw--I have that jack in aluminum, it's great!
only thing i can think of was the food running i did a few weeks back. rotors look like new, no rust. its driven 7 days a week. not very far tho. 6 miles a day for the most part.

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it doesn’t develop play in 3-6 thousand miles consider your self a very lucky and happy person!
It's not about luck. Folks want to throw a gear box at a vehicle with busted up supporting pieces. My tie rods are new, my pitman/idler is new. I get where you are coming from because it's after market but even new Delco fails out of the box. I went with this because I would much rather walk into a local vendor for support when it fails then deal with online vendors when it fails.

Last edited:

Teamiez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not about luck. Folks want to throw a gear box at a vehicle with busted up supporting pieces. My tie rods are new, my pitman/idler is new. I get where you are coming from because it's after market but even new Delco fails out of the box. I went with this because I would much rather walk into a local vendor for support when it fails then deal with online vendors when it fails.
Before I did my steering gears I as well already had both steering shafts replaced, both inner & outer tie rods replaced, pitman arm, idler arm & bracket, center link, upper control arm sets, and lower ball joints. There for my conclusion of **** steering came down to numerous bad ‘out of the box’ steering gears. Steering had been completely overhauled @ 160,000 miles.

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I only know of one company who produces a good steering box. Borgsen...
I just cant remember if they have one for our trucks or not...

Solution to steering box issues, Clip it with an 06 single cab front frame clip, then you get coil springs and rack and pinion.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried the redheads, they were way to tight which I never thought could be possible but the ride was dangerously squirrelly, and had no return to center. Warrantied the box and the next one was damn near the same. Tried 2 gm oem reman’s and both had excessive play in 4,000 miles give or take. Ended up with a used oem from LKQ for $80 shipped with 91,000 on it and was the most tolerable

video of my steering box play with the gm reman...replaced by a Chevy dealer so I would be able to warranty them as much as possible knowing how they sucked and didn’t wanna do the labor a bunch of times

This is the same issues I am having with mine. Zero on center feel/return to center. Drives me nuts, but the wife thinks its fine. I am not enthused about playing the lottery trying to find a decent reman unit.

Teamiez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the same issues I am having with mine. Zero on center feel/return to center. Drives me nuts, but the wife thinks its fine. I am not enthused about playing the lottery trying to find a decent reman unit.
Was that a red head you are talking about? Forgot to add in that there was literally no center thus squirrelly as all scary hell

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter