What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
So, looking at the 145A & 160A alternators, the 145A has a 4 pin connector, and the 160A has a 2 pin. I’m not sure about swapping a harness, or if you’d have to splice wiring or what. You did the swap @Tonyrodz ?
I did. It was maybe 2 yrs ago, but it was PnP. Bought it from Advance Auto iirc, there was no extra harness to play with.
You can kind of see the stock harness plug. Plugged right in.20210618_201925.jpg

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lmao. That’s not even high to be called a hill here.
lol, I was gonna say, and there sure is a lot of people around for being "wilderness". there's some serious wilderness here on the west coast, it's pretty common for people to follow there "gps" here in the winter and end up dead, summertime at least chances of survival are better unless you fall that happens a lot too.

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have the ZW7 suspension? If so and the shocks are still good, you could always sell them to recoup some funds.
Yeah, they still worked, I am not a fan of the zw7 shocks... ride is a bit rougher to me than regular shocks, so if anyone needs some nivomats, i have 2 that are not leaking...

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol, I was gonna say, and there sure is a lot of people around for being "wilderness". there's some serious wilderness here on the west coast, it's pretty common for people to follow there "gps" here in the winter and end up dead, summertime at least chances of survival are better unless you fall that happens a lot too.
Yeah there was a couple and a kid two winters ago that followed their gps on a “shortcut” through the coast range which isn’t nearly as high as the cascades and drove for miles through the snow on an old logging road higher and higher until they got stuck and couldn’t turn around. The dad hiked for like 20 miles but never made it they found his body weeks later, the mom and kid stayed in the car and rescuers found them. I always wonder how many are never found, just go missing never to be seen again because they don’t tell anyone what route they’re taking. And they don’t realize the GPS stops working way up there too.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah there was a couple and a kid two winters ago that followed their gps on a “shortcut” through the coast range which isn’t nearly as high as the cascades and drove for miles through the snow on an old logging road higher and higher until they got stuck and couldn’t turn around. The dad hiked for like 20 miles but never made it they found his body weeks later, the mom and kid stayed in the car and rescuers found them. I always wonder how many are never found, just go missing never to be seen again because they don’t tell anyone what route they’re taking. And they don’t realize the GPS stops working way up there too.
I went to go to the oregon caves once and followed my gps, lol **** I don't know what the hell that thing was thinking it led me to some logging road that had not been used in who knows how long I had a 4runner at the time and "considered" taking the road but wisely decided to walk it a bit and see just how bad it was, after rounding a couple bends there were tree's fell and pretty deep rut's there was just no way it was gonna happen, decided to ignore the gps and kept on the main road for a while and it finally redirected to a normal road.