What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Yes it is, are they common for that? After a while it clogged up and stopped leaking.
Consensus about Dorman's parts is 50/50--with some parts being an absolute "NOT". Are you brave enough to leave it on since it stopped leaking? If it was me I'd change it. You know what'll happen--locally it'll be great, no overheating, no leaking, but as soon as you go on the highway on a trip the ***** will break! Causing you to get stranded. Me personally--I'd change it--while you can.

Bear77

Full Access Member
Reaction score

DenaliReyes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Consensus about Dorman's parts is 50/50--with some parts being an absolute "NOT". Are you brave enough to leave it on since it stopped leaking? If it was me I'd change it. You know what'll happen--locally it'll be great, no overheating, no leaking, but as soon as you go on the highway on a trip the ***** will break! Causing you to get stranded. Me personally--I'd change it--while you can.
Definitely will, i forgot to change the post it's not the "Y" it's the connector to it, which I also put new. Will change it, wonder of Oreillys will change it , since I just bout it this weekend. Either way it's coming off.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes it is, are they common for that? After a while it clogged up and stopped leaking.
Those Dormans Y's are known to fail fairly quickly and leave you screwed on the side of the road. They are bad enough that they have singlehandedly made replacing the Y fittings a topic of great debate and some people go to the extreme of putting in expensive metal Y's. The OEM ACdelco parts are known to last 150k + miles. I would replace them with the real deal so you don't need to worry again. The GM part numbers are 15055342, 15055343. Amazon or Ebay carries them. Or take your chances with the Dorman but you have been warned!