What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is that the Alta station, or somewhere else? Boy, do I miss my corn gas!

On another note, I finally decided to pickup a 5.3 from an ‘04 Burb… I really wanted a 6.0, but they’re getting harder to come by, and spendy.. got this one for $500, and was a good engine when pulled, so hopefully in decent shape. I’m planning to bore it over a bit for some extra cubes.. so far, it’s not too bad as far as bolts / corrosion. There were 2 broken exhaust manifold bolts, but the rest came out fine. Heads were definitely dirty.. not too good about the oil changes apparently..
I replaced my sparkplug wires, a while ago, and while I was there, I cleaned the valve covers.. I can't figure out how the valve covers got so dirty... It's not as if I had a 327 Chevy with a leaky carb and lots of blow-by.....

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

On another note, I finally decided to pickup a 5.3 from an ‘04 Burb… I really wanted a 6.0, but they’re getting harder to come by, and spendy.. got this one for $500, and was a good engine when pulled, so hopefully in decent shape. I’m planning to bore it over a bit for some extra cubes.. so far, it’s not too bad as far as bolts / corrosion. There were 2 broken exhaust manifold bolts, but the rest came out fine. Heads were definitely dirty.. not too good about the oil changes apparently..
What're your plans @Sam Harris?

Last edited:

Jobi-Wan Kenobi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was noticing a coolant leak over the last couple weeks and wasn't sure where it was coming from. This last week I ended up dumping a bunch of coolant in the parking lot at work. I took Thursday and Friday off to try and enjoy our nice weather that we've been having (and fix the coolant leak). The leak turned out to be the water pump, likely the shaft seal. So I picked up a new pump Thursday morning and spent the afternoon getting it swapped out. The plastic tee on the pump supply line broke so ended up having to borrow my neighbors car to run back to town and pick up an aluminum one. Had things mostly put back together Thursday night working under flashlight. Got things finished up yesterday morning and then filled the system with detergent to clean it out because the previous owner filled it with green antifreeze.

Always an adventure.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

I haven't been back to the Alta station in a long time, at least not since the K-U-M & Go station opened at Arapahoe Rd & Peoria Street. It's right on my way to the office when I go, and the E85 is consistently E70, so super convenient.

I'm not sure if they'll continue to carry E85 (hope so) since Maverik convenience bought K-U-M & Go. Have to see when they rebrand.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't been back to the Alta station in a long time, at least not since the K-U-M & Go station opened at Arapahoe Rd & Peoria Street. It's right on my way to the office when I go, and the E85 is consistently E70, so super convenient.

I'm not sure if they'll continue to carry E85 (hope so) since Maverik convenience bought K-U-M & Go. Have to see when they rebrand.
Nice! That’s the fuel I was using before finding the Alta, which seemed to have a better ethanol content than the K-U-M & go. Glad it’s working out for you. Hope they keep the E85 around.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What're your plans @Sam Harris?
Well, my bottom end in the Yukon is pretty worn. When I did the head and cam work, the cylinders had very little cross hatching left in them. (I mean, it does have 235k on it..) so I’m hoping to get a few more cubes out of this block, and build it up a bit, since I’m currently consuming more oil than I’d like. Outside of that, not sure.. I’d like to build it stout, for some forced induction, but will have to see how things look as well. Cost is obviously a factor. So for now, I want to freshen it up, but will see what it looks like, and what I can afford to put into it. Ideally, I’d like more cubes, and a nice turbo setup.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Well, my bottom end in the Yukon is pretty worn. When I did the head and cam work, the cylinders had very little cross hatching left in them. (I mean, it does have 235k on it..) so I’m hoping to get a few more cubes out of this block, and build it up a bit, since I’m currently consuming more oil than I’d like. Outside of that, not sure.. I’d like to build it stout, for some forced induction, but will have to see how things look as well. Cost is obviously a factor. So for now, I want to freshen it up, but will see what it looks like, and what I can afford to put into it. Ideally, I’d like more cubes, and a nice turbo setup.
Nice. If you put a 6.0 crank will that make it a stroker motor?

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
ProCharger?? IMO

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice. If you put a 6.0 crank will that make it a stroker motor?
I believe that would work but, I have no idea.. lol. I have research to do… if I could just do a longer stroke (assuming the bores are good), that would be ideal. Just need to keep a close eye on tolerances.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ruzic99

Latest posts