What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
CEL came on Saturday. Truck had new ACD 41-110s gaped at .040, new tsp wires less than 90 days ago. Probably 6-7k miles now. I bought a new ACD coil day before and seemed ok but CEL came back on. Tonight I pulled the plug and installed a new 41-110 @ same gap.

Any thoughts on old plug?? Looks fine to me based on my research online. Only code present is a P0302

Since those are double iridium plugs, can you show us the ground electrode? Any chance it was damaged when it was gapped?

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since those are double iridium plugs, can you show us the ground electrode? Any chance it was damaged when it was gapped?
Gapped it with a feeler gauge and the flower looking tool that allows u to open up the plug without touching the electrode. I don't gap plugs with the "coin" style tool. Plug is at home I will send pics when I get home thought just in case.

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gapped it with a feeler gauge and the flower looking tool that allows u to open up the plug without touching the electrode. I don't gap plugs with the "coin" style tool. Plug is at home I will send pics when I get home thought just in case.
Hopefully, you just verified the existing gap. They come pre-gapped at .040" and attempts to change may damage the electrode.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never trust pre-gapped plugs as being accurate. Sure, I trust they are accurately gapped at the factory.
But things happen in transit...

Last batch I bought had one that was almost closed in in itself!

I have seen people at the parts store ask to look at plugs before deciding if they want to buy them. Then, see the plug go flying out of their hands and bounce off the counter before the clerk stuffs it back in the box and returns it to the back room.

Since then, I always gap them myself. Even if they claim to be pre-gapped.

ncalvo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a great morning at the junkyard. New glass. Also new tires delivered today going to drop them off to get mounted on my silverado takeoff wheels. Very exciting
My luck ran out and I done f**d up. When going to clean my glass I thought it was a genius idea to remove the handle/striker plate since it was so rusty.
Snapped a bolt.
Not sure if I can source a replacement handle.

Edit: this looks like the same exact part, it is worth a shot

Attachments

• 20230317_085927.jpg
    20230317_085927.jpg
    653.8 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Tupperware

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I worked with a guy and on his 66 coronet he added an extra ignition switch in place of the cigarette lighter. He cut the key down and put the lighter handle on the end. So he had to turn the lighter knob 1st then the ignition key.
I did sort of the same thing years ago (‘69 Plymouth) using the lighter to ground out the ignition. It needed to be depressed to kill the circuit. It would start with the lighter in the normal “out” position.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645