What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to fix mine as well. Sometimes the display works fine, then sometimes it's VERY dim, so dim that I can't even read it. You have a link to a good write up on repairing these? I've honestly never even tried, but I'm sure I could do it cuz I'm pretty good at soldering electronics and stuff.
mine just went out. no sign of life since dec. im guessing ive got a large crack like the one in the vid.

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New power steering pump and hoses since the front shaft seal was leaking on mine. I used ACD 15909826, listed for 2006 1500HD trucks with 6.0. Apparently this pump better to help with the 20s wheel those trucks came with. Also a new coil for a P302 code. Steering feels great!!!

Attachments

• 20230315_174642.jpg
    20230315_174642.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 4

Walchit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New power steering pump and hoses since the front shaft seal was leaking on mine. I used ACD 15909826, listed for 2006 1500HD trucks with 6.0. Apparently this pump better to help with the 20s wheel those trucks came with. Also a new coil for a P302 code. Steering feels great!!!
I didn't need to know about another upgrade, lol

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't need to know about another upgrade, lol
Neither did I until I searched upgrade power steering pump for our chassis and ran into a video. It discussed the 2006 silverado 1500hd max trucks with the 6.0 and the larger wheels. DELCO lists a different pump for those trucks. Something about and B4V RPO code. Helped compensate for the factory 20s that year model came with. So I bought it and had it installed this morning. Steering feels great!! CEL is still on after the new coil for a code P0302

Last edited:

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CEL came on Saturday. Truck had new ACD 41-110s gaped at .040, new tsp wires less than 90 days ago. Probably 6-7k miles now. I bought a new ACD coil day before and seemed ok but CEL came back on. Tonight I pulled the plug and installed a new 41-110 @ same gap.

Any thoughts on old plug?? Looks fine to me based on my research online. Only code present is a P0302

Attachments

• 20230315_230453.jpg
    20230315_230453.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 20230315_230433.jpg
    20230315_230433.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 6

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Neither did I until I searched upgrade power steering pump for our chassis and ran into a video. It discussed the 2006 silverado 1500hd max trucks with the 6.0 and the larger wheels. DELCO lists a different pump for those trucks. Something about and HBV RPO code. Helped compensate for the factory 20s that year model came with. So I bought it and had it installed this morning. Steering feels great!! CEL is still on after the new coil for a code P0302
Nice! Great info & upgrade!

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
CEL came on Saturday. Truck had new ACD 41-110s gaped at .040, new tsp wires less than 90 days ago. Probably 6-7k miles now. I bought a new ACD coil day before and seemed ok but CEL came back on. Tonight I pulled the plug and installed a new 41-110 @ same gap.

Any thoughts on old plug?? Looks fine to me based on my research online. Only code present is a P0302
plug looks good to me. What was happening with the coil? It seems pretty rare the coils have problems on these trucks. You had already replaced one? What led up to that?

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score

This might need to move to Engine topic, so others will find it and maybe get some help from what is discovered.

That said, how do the wires and connectors leading to the coil look?

If all are good, then there is a chance the misfire could be related to an injector or the wires/connectors to that...

I was getting single cylinder misfires on my 4.0L Jeep. Right before my fuel pump died. I believe the fuel pump was weak and not sending fuel to the end of the fuel rail with enough volume/pressure.
On the 4.0, the misfires were P0301. Number 1, which was all the way at the end of the fuel rail. That happened a short while, then my fuel pump died completely. After the new pump, I never had an issue with misfires again.

Just wondering out loud here on a long shot theory... Your code is P0302. Number 2. All the way at the front. Is that the end of the fuel line? Is it possible the pump is not send enough fuel up that far like mine?

May be worth doing a fuel pressure check to see what kind of pressure you get on that rail.
Who knows, maybe you have pressure for days. But wouldn't hurt to rule out possible issue with the pump.

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This might need to move to Engine topic, so others will find it and maybe get some help from what is discovered.

That said, how do the wires and connectors leading to the coil look?

If all are good, then there is a chance the misfire could be related to an injector or the wires/connectors to that...

I was getting single cylinder misfires on my 4.0L Jeep. Right before my fuel pump died. I believe the fuel pump was weak and not sending fuel to the end of the fuel rail with enough volume/pressure.
On the 4.0, the misfires were P0301. Number 1, which was all the way at the end of the fuel rail. That happened a short while, then my fuel pump died completely. After the new pump, I never had an issue with misfires again.

Just wondering out loud here on a long shot theory... Your code is P0302. Number 2. All the way at the front. Is that the end of the fuel line? Is it possible the pump is not send enough fuel up that far like mine?

May be worth doing a fuel pressure check to see what kind of pressure you get on that rail.
Who knows, maybe you have pressure for days. But wouldn't hurt to rule out possible issue with the pump.
Thanks for the advise. Going to get my buddy to put his diag scanner on it and test fuel pressure this weekend. Fuel pump probably original one and gauge reads erratic going on 2 years now. May be a win win here but we will see.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For your referenc, Here is matte black on my old redfire metallic Tahoe. Never got around to color matchin

Thanks for the advise. Going to get my buddy to put his diag scanner on it and test fuel pressure this weekend. Fuel pump probably original one and gauge reads erratic going on 2 years now. May be a win win here but we will see.
Worth a shot! Cheap and easy enough to check on. I was just surprised at what my Jeep was doing. Had the pump not died, I might have been chasing electrical tails forever or continuing to ignore until something surfaced as the cause for the misfire.

Good luck! Keep us posted. Even if this theory does not pan out... Can still be helpful to others.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14