What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not the same body guy who laid the paint I hope
Yeah, he’s going to do it pretty much for the cost of materials. He’s a friend, owns a body shop, and yes I’m pretty disappointed but in the end if I don’t have him redo my hood it will cost a small fortune elsewhere plus every body shop around here is booked for months. We just had the worst snow event since the 1940’s and everywhere I look everybody’s cars are smashed up. I asked him how much he was going to charge me but he just said he’ll paint it and we can worry about it then which in the past meant in other words, cover his materials and maybe beer money or pizza. He just won’t do it for free. He’s always treated me right, and he thought it was 8-9 years since he painted it. I haven’t even told him it’s been 6 1/2 yet, I looked it up after I had him look at it. He has painted quite a bit of stuff for me, this is the first issue I’ve had. Might have just been a bad batch, I’ll ask if he can use a better clear on it this time.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, he’s going to do it pretty much for the cost of materials. He’s a friend, owns a body shop, and yes I’m pretty disappointed but in the end if I don’t have him redo my hood it will cost a small fortune elsewhere plus every body shop around here is booked for months. We just had the worst snow event since the 1940’s and everywhere I look everybody’s cars are smashed up. I asked him how much he was going to charge me but he just said he’ll paint it and we can worry about it then which in the past meant in other words, cover his materials and maybe beer money or pizza. He just won’t do it for free. He’s always treated me right, and he thought it was 8-9 years since he painted it. I haven’t even told him it’s been 6 1/2 yet, I looked it up after I had him look at it. He has painted quite a bit of stuff for me, this is the first issue I’ve had. Might have just been a bad batch, I’ll ask if he can use a better clear on it this time.
Glad to hear it. Sounds like a good guy, and you have to hang on to those friends who take good care of you.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rolled 169k miles on my 2004, bought new in October 2004 at age 25.
Too excited to wait until 170k? LOL

I obsess about seeing all 0's across the screen or repeating patterns (210210) or sequentials (234567), but I got ya... It is exciting to see the high numbers come in.

Had mine almost a year and a half. I'm over 210k now. One of the highest mileage vehicles I have ever owned.

Luv my Tahoe!

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I obsess about seeing all 0's across the screen or repeating patterns (210210) or sequentials (234567), but I got ya... It is exciting to see the high numbers come in.

Had mine almost a year and a half. I'm over 210k now. One of the highest mileage vehicles I have ever owned.

Luv my Tahoe!
Well, I drove ~1800 miles last year and less than 1200 the year before so each thousand becomes kinda significant.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Luv my Tahoe!
i scored a 234567 on my 98 regal. 234567 miles.jpg

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I drove ~1800 miles last year and less than 1200 the year before so each thousand becomes kinda significant.
I was just messin' with ya... All good! Every mile counts!

I checked this morning and I was 800 miles over 210,000! I missed my photo opp. about 2-3 weeks ago... I'll just have to wait until I hit 212,121!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was trying to help my neighbor with programming some new fobs on his NBS Hummer. He programmed some new ones while the Hummer was right next to his sons NBS Silverado and they ended up programmed to the same code, so the fobs lock/ unlock both vehicles at the same time. So I mentioned he needs to program them while the trucks are a ways apart so he drove the Hummer down the street. Still does it. He also has a Compustar alarm on the Hummer ( on it when he bought it) and has also had battery draining issues. He said he wants to get rid of the alarm so he found a module under his dash and he decided to unplug it. Not sure which module it was but now the Hummer won’t start. Not sure if it’s in fail safe mode or whatever, thinking someone was trying to steal the vehicle. Wondering if anybody has any experience with either issue, maybe Wes @Doubeleive ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh