What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ncalvo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was. Is that where they come from- a GMT800? Is it a wear item, as in, would it be best to use a new one for a conversion? Otherwise, I might be interested in it and the pigtail, if you were so willing @ncalvo
I will keep you in mind, I have to find a local tuner to clear my code to make sure I am doing it right. I won't be able to remove the sensor until I get new fuel lines which won't be for a while. Sorry I don't have better news to send it your way but you're first on the list

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It was. Is that where they come from- a GMT800? Is it a wear item, as in, would it be best to use a new one for a conversion? Otherwise, I might be interested in it and the pigtail, if you were so willing @ncalvo

I don't think it's a typical wear item, but we occasionally hear about someone having to replace one.

FYI my Tech 2 shows both the ethanol content in %, as well as a sensor frequency, IIRC.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think it's a typical wear item, but we occasionally hear about someone having to replace one.

FYI my Tech 2 shows both the ethanol content in %, as well as a sensor frequency, IIRC.

This sounds vaguely familiar. I remember now that I read up on how it reads alcohol content. Obviously, I forgot what I read and that I even read about it.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will keep you in mind, I have to find a local tuner to clear my code to make sure I am doing it right. I won't be able to remove the sensor until I get new fuel lines which won't be for a while. Sorry I don't have better news to send it your way but you're first on the list

As usual, I'm in no rush!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still looking for an HD hood to do a Yukon conversion on. I found one fairly close, it’s even the right color so I wouldn’t have to paint the underside, but it’s got a dent right in the front edge. Anybody know if this is easily repairable from looking at it? I might have to ask my body guy. I’d have to cut the headlight areas out so there’s already going to be some body work on it.

Attachments

• 262D7C42-3170-40A0-BE47-CB76AB9C3280.jpeg
    262D7C42-3170-40A0-BE47-CB76AB9C3280.jpeg
    62.7 KB · Views: 8
  • E1B9B963-2CBE-48A9-B132-8D68AF9E9FEE.jpeg
    E1B9B963-2CBE-48A9-B132-8D68AF9E9FEE.jpeg
    56.2 KB · Views: 8

srehmer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My Mountain Bike Carrier set up.

I'm brand new to the Yukon world. Just picked up at 2003 Yukon SLT with 240k mi. I'm coming from the 4Runner world, so it's a big size upgrade. Now, it's time to personalize. First up, figure out how to load my mountain bike. I haven't seen much of people carrying them inside, except for fully converted camping rigs. I need all 5 rear seats, so I wanted to do something that would set up and tear down easily. I set it on a track so I can load it on a side, instead on center, if I ever need more space. I think it will meet my versatile needs while remaining secure.

This was my plan:
Plywood
Kreg mini trak
Kuat Truck bed fork mount
Lynch Pins

Attachments

• YukonBikeCarrier1.jpg
    YukonBikeCarrier1.jpg
    359.9 KB · Views: 9
  • YukonBikeCarrier3.jpg
    YukonBikeCarrier3.jpg
    389.8 KB · Views: 9
  • YukonBikeCarrier4.jpg
    YukonBikeCarrier4.jpg
    287.9 KB · Views: 8

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My Mountain Bike Carrier set up.

I'm brand new to the Yukon world. Just picked up at 2003 Yukon SLT with 240k mi. I'm coming from the 4Runner world, so it's a big size upgrade. Now, it's time to personalize. First up, figure out how to load my mountain bike. I haven't seen much of people carrying them inside, except for fully converted camping rigs. I need all 5 rear seats, so I wanted to do something that would set up and tear down easily. I set it on a track so I can load it on a side, instead on center, if I ever need more space. I think it will meet my versatile needs while remaining secure.

This was my plan:
Plywood
Kreg mini trak
Kuat Truck bed fork mount
Lynch Pins

Looks great!

srehmer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My next project will be building in some drawers under the rear windows. I built a box drawer for my old 4Runner, which was an easy out thing, but lived mostly in the cargo space. However, the rear bench will be in enough that having a drawer in the cargo space doesn't make sense. Hopefully, having the side drawers over the wheel wells will give me the storage I want.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still looking for an HD hood to do a Yukon conversion on. I found one fairly close, it’s even the right color so I wouldn’t have to paint the underside, but it’s got a dent right in the front edge. Anybody know if this is easily repairable from looking at it? I might have to ask my body guy. I’d have to cut the headlight areas out so there’s already going to be some body work on it.
I think that would be a a challenge for a lot of people, but the right body guy (or gal) should be able to handle that with ease. The ones who have the experience / know how, have some amazing talents. Good luck. I hope it works out! I want to see this on the Beast..!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt