What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the other day, while accelerating, I felt an intermittent vibration. Nothing crazy, but I noticed it. Seemed like possibly a u-joint.. I have not heard any actual noise. I had a look underneath today, and the rear diff has some grease covering it, but not terrible. I did notice the vent line was on, but not fully seated on the diff. I cleaned it up a bit, and seated the vent fully. U-joints all seem 100% solid, but they are the originals, with the nylon. I also noticed a bit of grease where the driveshaft goes into the transmission tail housing. To be honest, I remember this had some grease before I had the transmission replaced, back in July, and it didn’t seem very fresh, so I’m wondering if that’s old residue. However, I did notice some play in that area if I pull on the driveshaft. Is this normal..?
hard to say by the vid, you need to hold the end and twist the shaft back and forth feeling for some play. those are factory u joints too. can tell by them plastic things coming out by the cap ends. you need to burn them caps off. the heat melts the plastic then you can pound em out.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
hard to say by the vid, you need to hold the end and twist the shaft back and forth feeling for some play. those are factory u joints too. can tell by them plastic things coming out by the cap ends. you need to burn them caps off. the heat melts the plastic then you can pound em out.
Yeah, no play doing it that way. And I know, these are the original u-joints as well, but really couldn’t get them to move at all, using my hand, or a pry bar.

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Completed the TBSS install. Not quite as simple as the multiple you tube posts out there but not that difficult. After install, I needed to reroute some wires and get creative on how I mounted some of the cable brackets on top of the TBSS manifold. I also needed to fix a minor fuel leak but she started right up. Idle was off for about 30-90 seconds but the computer corrected that issue. Disappointed that I was not able to use the Vortec cover, but I haven't given up on that just yet. I can be pretty creative. I still need to record some data for BBP to get the final tune but she runs great. My initial opinion is that I feel that I don't need to step on it as much to get the same result - but when I do really step on it "WOW". Definitely worth the upgrade.Final.jpg

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Completed the TBSS install. Not quite as simple as the multiple you tube posts out there but not that difficult. After install, I needed to reroute some wires and get creative on how I mounted some of the cable brackets on top of the TBSS manifold. I also needed to fix a minor fuel leak but she started right up. Idle was off for about 30-90 seconds but the computer corrected that issue. Disappointed that I was not able to use the Vortec cover, but I haven't given up on that just yet. I can be pretty creative. I still need to record some data for BBP to get the final tune but she runs great. My initial opinion is that I feel that I don't need to step on it as much to get the same result - but when I do really step on it "WOW". Definitely worth the upgrade.View attachment 385475
Awesome..! Im inspired.! I need to do this..

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Completed the TBSS install. Not quite as simple as the multiple you tube posts out there but not that difficult. After install, I needed to reroute some wires and get creative on how I mounted some of the cable brackets on top of the TBSS manifold. I also needed to fix a minor fuel leak but she started right up. Idle was off for about 30-90 seconds but the computer corrected that issue. Disappointed that I was not able to use the Vortec cover, but I haven't given up on that just yet. I can be pretty creative. I still need to record some data for BBP to get the final tune but she runs great. My initial opinion is that I feel that I don't need to step on it as much to get the same result - but when I do really step on it "WOW". Definitely worth the upgrade.View attachment 385475
Sorry for lack of knowledge on this project... TBSS means Throttle Body what what?

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed new washer fluid level sensor to get rid of a pesky "Check Washer Fluid" messages yesterday.

Only to find out the old sensor was apparently sideways. It was clocked 90 off from where it should have been. The flat side of the sensor with the tabs were aligned on the vertical seam on the side of the tank and it should have been aligned on the horizontal seam above the sensor.

So the float was moving sideways instead of up and down!

I replaced the tank a while ago, with one from the salvage yard. The sensor must have gotten spun around when it was pulled out of the donor truck. I never noticed it was in the wrong position when I put it in. All I knew was it was not leaking anymore, so I put up with the warnings on the dash until now.

I could have flipped the old sensor around and I am pretty sure it would have been fine, but I had the new GM sensor and grommet in my hands, so why not?

No more messages!!!

Found on Ebay from seller named original_auto_parts_xpress for $21.99 with free shipping.
Good seller...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645