What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Walchit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Completed the TBSS install. Not quite as simple as the multiple you tube posts out there but not that difficult. After install, I needed to reroute some wires and get creative on how I mounted some of the cable brackets on top of the TBSS manifold. I also needed to fix a minor fuel leak but she started right up. Idle was off for about 30-90 seconds but the computer corrected that issue. Disappointed that I was not able to use the Vortec cover, but I haven't given up on that just yet. I can be pretty creative. I still need to record some data for BBP to get the final tune but she runs great. My initial opinion is that I feel that I don't need to step on it as much to get the same result - but when I do really step on it "WOW". Definitely worth
What throttle body are you using? Did you just use the corvette filter to bypass the return?

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes. I used the Holley 90mm Throttle Body (860008-1): https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sne-860007-1?rrec=true
This could be different for you depending on your throttle body - mine is a DBC (drive by cable)

Yes. I used the corvette filter. https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog...e,5.7l+v8,1358579,fuel+&+air,fuel+filter,6200

Since prices fluctuates all the time, shop around and you might find these cheaper - that's what I did when I purchased my components. There is more info and pictures at:

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Not a damn thing with mine. My computer went via USPS to BBP for that tune. This is like waiting for my new puppy at Christmas time.

By the way, we are both considering a new rescue dog for fun, games and companionship. I posted about this in the dogs and puppies pics thread.

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the other day, while accelerating, I felt an intermittent vibration. Nothing crazy, but I noticed it. Seemed like possibly a u-joint.. I have not heard any actual noise. I had a look underneath today, and the rear diff has some grease covering it, but not terrible. I did notice the vent line was on, but not fully seated on the diff. I cleaned it up a bit, and seated the vent fully. U-joints all seem 100% solid, but they are the originals, with the nylon. I also noticed a bit of grease where the driveshaft goes into the transmission tail housing. To be honest, I remember this had some grease before I had the transmission replaced, back in July, and it didn’t seem very fresh, so I’m wondering if that’s old residue. However, I did notice some play in that area if I pull on the driveshaft. Is this normal..?
From what I can see the play looks normal to me. Keep an eye on things, maybe take a few pics if you can and then in a week take some more pics for comparison to see if anything like the amount of grease etc changed.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally washed both trucks yesterday. We’ve been having an East Wind event for the last week and a half which at my place means a pretty steady 10-15mph wind with gusts to 25 or so. And it’s been cold. Which makes it hard to gather the leaves or wash vehicles. It quit blowing for awhile yesterday so I jumped on the chance.

The local news always send their new reporters up to a spot in the Columbia River Gorge that’s a lookout, called Crown Point. It’s a rite of passage for the newbies. A couple days ago the wind was blowing a steady 45 with gusts to 75 and the new reporter chick said she thought she felt her feet lift off the ground as she was standing there holding onto the railing.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally washed both trucks yesterday. We’ve been having an East Wind event for the last week and a half which at my place means a pretty steady 10-15mph wind with gusts to 25 or so. And it’s been cold. Which makes it hard to gather the leaves or wash vehicles. It quit blowing for awhile yesterday so I jumped on the chance.

The local news always send their new reporters up to a spot in the Columbia River Gorge that’s a lookout, called Crown Point. It’s a rite of passage for the newbies. A couple days ago the wind was blowing a steady 45 with gusts to 75 and the new reporter chick said she thought she felt her feet lift off the ground as she was standing there holding onto the railing.
Try Mt. Washington in NH! Highest wind speeds recorded on the planet... 231 MPH was recorded once.

Fun watching weather reporters trying to stand up in one spot!

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed Boss BE7ACP head unit and Crux CS-GMC2 interface last night.
My Bose speakers and sub sound way better than the stock XM/Nav head unit did!
For the money... What a huge improvement!

FYI- If you have factory Nav radio, which is already double DIN... The Boss radio will fit with more than enough room behind it. You will not need a hacksaw to cut anything in the dash to make room.

20221119_193450 (1).jpg

Crutchfield Ready Harness service made all the connections to make it plug and play.

As part of the Ready Harness service, the Crux module came already wired in to the rest of the harness as one unit. DIP switches for the module were preset correctly my the Boss system too! All my steering wheel control buttons work as they are intended on the new radio.

Easy and fast install. I was in and done in less than an hour. Most of that time was playing with the mounting brackets to find what holes they should mount to for install. (Hint: Flush top and bottom and flush with the black plastic on the front of the radio.)

The Ready Harness also takes care of making the direct connection to have a reverse trigger signal for my back-up cam I'll add this week.

For the cam I only have to run the video signal wire to the yellow rear cam video input and tap into the 12V+ power at the reverse wire in the tail light or tow harness. Just two easy and quick connections (one plug-in and one quick snap-on wire tap) and cam will be done.

There is no need to run a separate 12V+ power feed from the battery or fuse panel.
On our trucks that reverse trigger is already in the vehicle harness up front, so no need to crawl around under the dash to find it. With the Ready Harness, you don't even need to think about it. Whether you are installing a camera now or not, that connection between the harness and the radio will be there and ready when you do...

Tip: You should (and will want to) go into the Boss "Source Level" settings menu and up the settings and set your Bluetooth audio output on your phone to MAX. I may move setting up from 6... I just wanted to try it there and see.

I wanted to show you where these settings need to happen:

20221120_065812.jpg

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Try Mt. Washington in NH! Highest wind speeds recorded on the planet... 231 MPH was recorded once.

Fun watching weather reporters trying to stand up in one spot!
That’s crazy. The place I was talking about doesn’t have the highest winds in Oregon, it’s that it’s a half hour or so drive from the city and is the wind I get at my house.It just slows before it gets to me as it funnels out of the Columbia River Gorge. It’s also a weird phenomenon where the wind can last for weeks at a time. Some years we don’t get it all.

The Columbus Day Storn in the 60’s was our highest but the anemometer broke at 145- it was estimated to be 175 mph. We regularly get 120+ on the coast headlands every year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518