What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought I recognized the inside of the garage with the striped walls... I must have seen at least one of his YouTube videos.

I used to work in a well-known car museum. From the times I have driven Lambo and Ferraris, they are all a real trip to drive!

I have to be honest, Lambos (at least through the mid-2000's) were not known for build quality.

Drive trains were pure engineering genius! Fit, finish on the other hand... misaligned panels, rattles and squeaks big time!

They were definitely different cars made for different market segments...
Lambo was all flash-bang raw power and in-yo-face styling.
Execution of how they wrapped it as a package took a bit of a back seat.

Ferrari was also speed and power, but definitely put high priority on elegance, more refined style and much higher build quality.

Would I turn a Lambo down, if I were given one? Hellllll NO!
I would feed her the onions and drive the heck out of it.

But if I won the lottery, I would lean more towards buying a Ferarri...
For me, Ferrari just might be better suited as a goin' to town buggy in my opinion.

Besides, I am getting a little older.
If you have been in a Lambo with the winged doors, you'll know what I mean when I say you fall into the seats after crossing over those wide thresholds getting in...
Not so graceful trying to crawl out as an older dude. I have seen guys flopping around trying to get out. Can be fun to watch, but would be embarrassing if it were me.
Entry and exit is a bit easier in the Ferrari. Less likely to make non-teenagers look like a fool!

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, I always wanted to build up an engine and I'm not getting any younger. Quite the opposite. I just purchased a 6.0L block. Impulse buy - maybe. But, I should have dropped a 6.0L in it when I replaced the engine 15 months ago. Luckily my wife supports the impulse.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157