What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Decided to drive it today and run a few errands. It's also time for the biennial emissions test, so after work I took it through the test station. Sometimes they just connect and read from the OBD port, but this time they put it on the treadmill and ran it a bit; that way we get actual measurements. I'm running a high percentage of E85, and the test results were great:

View attachment 371073
Pretty low mileage for an 04.:)

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I've had her 6 years now and have averaged a bit over 3,700 miles annually. I usually do about 5K miles each year, but the last two years I haven't done any big trips. Hope I can change that this year.
Since I retired, I only put about 3k on mine in the last year. I’m going to try to make a few short trips this year myself.

Walchit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Decided to drive it today and run a few errands. It's also time for the biennial emissions test, so after work I took it through the test station. Sometimes they just connect and read from the OBD port, but this time they put it on the treadmill and ran it a bit; that way we get actual measurements. I'm running a high percentage of E85, and the test results were great:

View attachment 371073
Is that different in different counties? I don't remember my buddy having to do those when he lived out there.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is that different in different counties? I don't remember my buddy having to do those when he lived out there.

The emission testing requirements are limited to some Front Range counties, essentially Castle Rock to Fort Collins, with Denver in between. Not in the mountains or the Western Slope.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The emission testing requirements are limited to some Front Range counties, essentially Castle Rock to Fort Collins, with Denver in between. Not in the mountains or the Western Slope.
We get hosed on plenty of other things here in MA, but once our vehicles are over 15 years old, we only have to do basic safety inspections. As long as they are not blowing visible blue smoke out the tailpipe, and can pass basic safety inspection for lights, wipers/horn, tires, etc... We can keep going. A CEL for emissions would not be cause for rejections, because it doesn't count anymore. Start blowing blue smoke, we'd fail inspection and have to do something about fixing that or take off the road.

MadDogDelpho

Texcellent
Reaction score
Well, yesterday and today. Rebuilt my WHOLE front end. I had torn bushings, tie rods, ball joint boots, CV axles, everything. About 4 years and 40-50,000 miles since I put a Detroit axle front end kit on, so that’s a good ballpark for that budget-minded kit86034CD8-507C-4CEF-A442-FAC110A5A583.jpeg117B2809-E06D-4F99-9727-E6B7BEB45202.jpegimage.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, yesterday and today. Rebuilt my WHOLE front end. I had torn bushings, tie rods, ball joint boots, CV axles, everything. About 4 years and 40-50,000 miles since I put a Detroit axle front end kit on, so that’s a good ballpark for that budget-minded kitView attachment 371153View attachment 371154View attachment 371155
I’m surprised it lasted that long too. I wouldn’t put that junk on my truck myself but it sounds like you got your moneys worth and as a bonus none of your front wheels fell off like others have experienced. Maybe you didn’t have their hubs on though? That’s what has caused catastrophic failure from what I heard. I would definitely steer away from those, pun intended.:yaoface2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrokenTV GUy

Latest posts