What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
no need to pull the d/s. you just need someone to power brake it and while you put a ear to it. kinda sounds like the rear is blown to me. if the d/s spins and the wheels dont move its the rear. also hand turn the d/s back and forth, if its got lots of play well you know.
Driveshaft spins and the rear wheels spin. While it's off, turning 1 wheel, the other spins in the opposite direction. It's pretty much doing what it's supposed to, that's why I'm confused. There's really not any excessive play in the ds either, feels pretty good to me.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Driveshaft spins and the rear wheels spin. While it's off, turning 1 wheel, the other spins in the opposite direction. It's pretty much doing what it's supposed to, that's why I'm confused. There's really not any excessive play in the ds either, feels pretty good to me.
what im trying to convey is i heard it making a spinning chipping sound, once you can get your head under there you should be able to hear if its the rear or trans case.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if a JL4 equipped rearend is compatible with my non JL4 rear? I might have to replace the entire assembly, and a yard is telling me that it's compatible. Just want to make sure it'll swap on with no issues or modifications.

I believe that's what we call "Stabilitrak". Instead of having one brake line that splits to feed both calipers evenly, each side is fed through its own hose so each can be controlled independently. I'm sure you could just swap your current brake line set over to the replacement axle. I don't see why the rear end itself wouldn't be a direct swap aside from the brake lines. Pay attention to the gear ratio of the replacement rear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts