What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
naughty list…
Ever have to beat your lug nuts off, because you got a screw in your tire, and needed to stick a plug in the hole? Lubricating the studs might keep you from being down on your knees all day.

So you removed an end, cut the crossbar, and reattached it? That should work.
The crossbar is too short actually. The z71 rails must be slightly closer together. But there is enough meat on the ends that I can slide each of them out ~1/2" reattach them and they would still be quite sturdy. I have not made that modification just yet. Should have tried harder to find a "escalade" set of cross bars. Doh.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got stopped last night, and was told I had a brake light out..

So I put some new bulbs in the back.. Thinking about going with the LED variants later.. But for now, gotta watch my budget.
I have LEDs in my turn signals and reverse lights but I had some trouble with the brake lights where my chmsl was acting up. I think you may need the srck bulbs or something for those.

Keviebear86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My OEM grill (fake chrome plated) has been slowly chipping away and the plastic chrome has been coming off. Is there a process I can use to remove all of the chrome so I can have it paint matched to the body? I have access to a sand blast cabinet, but I was a little reserved with that idea since its kind of abrasive. I have a cheap black grill in their now and it fits terribly. Any help would be great, thanks!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My OEM grill (fake chrome plated) has been slowly chipping away and the plastic chrome has been coming off. Is there a process I can use to remove all of the chrome so I can have it paint matched to the body? I have access to a sand blast cabinet, but I was a little reserved with that idea since its kind of abrasive. I have a cheap black grill in their now and it fits terribly. Any help would be great, thanks!
There is no process other than you might get lucky and be able to peel it off piece by piece. Believe me I tried everything. Your best bet is to find a paintable aftermarket one that fits better. Unless you have a Denali like me, in which case there aren't any. I bought an aftermarket chrome one and had a body shop sand the hell out of it and paint it.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use Rotella T1 in my old motors.. Find it at tractor supply is about the only place I can find it anymore... I know they had T6 last time I was there. Worth a look if you find a tractor supply around you.

I've never looked there, but I certainly will now! I need to go to TSC for some 2-stroke oil, anyway. I use VP full synthetic and TSC is my closest supplier. Thanks for the lead!

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of the guys on here texted me this photo after we were done with his truck today:View attachment 346058
Pretty good gas mileage eh?

For ~140 MPH, that's excellent mileage! It must be his gearing cuz he's only turning about 2K RPM? AND with the load of the oil pump making 160 psi! Have any build specs of this incredible machine?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McLoud24

Latest posts